AVS Forum banner

6861 - 6880 of 6891 Posts

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
I noticed at 0455 am and now WTKR and WGNT are dark on DirecTV... is this a dispute or due to the re scanning stuff

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I read that on the ticker but didnt think it would affect DirecTV...

https://www.wtkr.com/news/if-you-watch-news-3-with-antenna-you-will-need-to-rescan-starting-july-3
DIRECTV gets our locals via antenna and I guess their tuners are set on certain frequencies. When 10 and 43 moved, they were off DIRECTV for about 15/20 minutes...

Reactions: dtv757

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
DIRECTV gets our locals via antenna and I guess their tuners are set on certain frequencies. When 10 and 43 moved, they were off DIRECTV for about 15/20 minutes...
Today is an observed holiday for most companies you think they will get it fixed

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
@VARTV are the channels dark for you too ?

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
Today is an observed holiday for most companies you think they will get it fixed
THAT is a good question. I just went thru the LCC setup again and I can see WTKR and WGNT now but there is no schedule/program information and duplicate listings...

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Just regular DirecTV not antenna

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
Just regular DirecTV not antenna

I got my hands on two LCCs (local channel connector) from DIRECTV when 10 and 43 were in a dispute so I use it for OTA locals with DIRECTV.

·
Registered
5,251 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Nice I dont think that will work with my genie 2

And I remember that 3 month long Nexstar dispute

I'm at work so watching via slingbox lol

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
Nice I dont think that will work with my genie 2

And I remember that 3 month long Nexstar dispute

I'm at work so watching via slingbox lol

It's come in handy... plus it has ALL the subchannels that the locals carry too!

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
It's come in handy... plus it has ALL the subchannels that the locals carry too!
Yes wish DirecTV had H&I national feed

·
Registered
5,251 Posts

·
Registered
5,251 Posts

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
That's right... 43-3...
The WTKR/WGNT issue is resolved now

Well at least for me it's coming in now.

Reactions: VARTV

·
Registered
289 Posts
Thanks for posting this. I had to tell my tivo to rescan and then manually change the channels. Hopefully the guide will pick it up properly. Right now I see WTKR and WHRO but have no guide info...

Edit: posted too soon. As soon as I manually triggered a service connection it got the guide info.

Bruce

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
75 Posts
3.1, 15.1, and 27.1 are now being received at my York county location, updated my OTA TiVo by connecting to the “mother ship” to update the frequencies and then rescanned/ Now also also to receive on my Orby TV box. All is good.

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
WNLO-CD's RF 14 signal will convert to ATSC 3.0 on 11/20 and carry NextGen simulcasts of WVBT, WAVY and WTVZ.
After ALL these years, we finally see what WAVY was going to with these LPTVs. You would think WKTD is involved too?

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
WNLO-CD's RF 14 signal will convert to ATSC 3.0 on 11/20 and carry NextGen simulcasts of WVBT, WAVY and WTVZ.
I want to get my hands on a NextGen TV tuner. Curious to see if they bit starve the ATSC 3.0 signals... augh...

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
So far most ATSC 3.0 signals are just HD simulcasts of the primary channels using HEVC for video instead of MPEG2 and AC4 for audio instead of AC3. With the different modulation and more effecient codecs there's more than enough bandwidth available to have 3-4 HD feeds on one signal.

4K OTA from the networks won't be coming until there's enough tuner penetration after the mandatory 5 year simulcast period and stations decide to convert their remaining ATSC 1.0 signals to standalone ATSC 3.0 operations, freeing up bandwidth for 4K and nextgen feeds of their subchannels.
Unfortunately until we start seeing ATSC 3.0 tuners coming in ALL TVs and not just 55+ inchers, and/or they change their mind and start offering coupons for free converters like they did in 2009, it's going to be a long time until there's enough ATSC 3.0 tuner penetration where stations can safely turn off their ATSC 1.0 signals without losing a significant portion of their over the air audience.

6861 - 6880 of 6891 Posts