AVS Forum banner

6881 - 6891 of 6891 Posts

·
Registered
5,251 Posts

·
Registered
17,407 Posts
Trip... I've been eyeing this! Something you would do???
I already have one (the developer edition). Just waiting for a local station to flip to ATSC 3.0.

- Trip

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Just heard an audio emergency alert test on WTKR (via D*) during regular programing.

Haven't heard this in a long time. I'm assuming it was WTKR as it mentioned " south east virginia "

A little off topic but don't usually get theses or those EAS video tests via D*

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Surprised there are no posts here about the disputes.

DirecTV Dropped WVEC (Tegna)
Dish Network Dropped WAVY and WVBT (Nexstar)

If I remember correctly last Dec Tegna and Fios had a dispute for about a week. also D* and Nexstar had a 2-3 month dispute last summer.

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
Surprised there are no posts here about the disputes.

DirecTV Dropped WVEC (Tegna)
Dish Network Dropped WAVY and WVBT (Nexstar)

If I remember correctly last Dec Tegna and Fios had a dispute for about a week. also D* and Nexstar had a 2-3 month dispute last summer.
It's quiet in here. Is there an Next Gen TV thread for Hampton Roads? Thanks to the Nexstar dispute with DTV last year, I was able to get 2(!!!) LCCs. They all can stay off the line-up forever as far as I'm concerned. I am using DTV's HR54. Can you connect a LCC to their HR17s???

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
It's quiet in here. Is there an Next Gen TV thread for Hampton Roads? Thanks to the Nexstar dispute with DTV last year, I was able to get 2(!!!) LCCs. They all can stay off the line-up forever as far as I'm concerned. I am using DTV's HR54. Can you connect a LCC to their HR17s???
No the LCC does not work with Genie 2 (HS17) .

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Sorry if off topic but I have always wondered ... why does Richmond , VA have a local Telemundo station (WZTD) but 757/Hampton Roads does not ?

Does it depend on demographics ?

Reason I ask is because Telemundo HD is only available in markets with a local Telemundo. The national feed is SD.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
WZTD-LD was purchased by ZTG Communications back in 2006. ZTG had a groupwide deal with Telemundo, so they switched it from America's Store to Telemundo in 2007. In 2017 NBCU purchased ZTG, so now it's a Telemundo O&O.

The only independent full power station in the Norfolk-Portsmouth-Newport News DMA is WSKY, who is probably getting a bigger audience as a general entertainment independent than they would ever get as a Telemundo affiliate in that area, while most of the area LPTV stations are owned by companies with interests in other networks like HSN and Daystar, or are owned by religious groups or schools.

And if there was an option, odds are a station who wants to target Spanish speaking audiences would pick up Unvision and UniMas before they pickup Telemundo because they have a lot more major Spanish language sports rights. Richmond only has Telemundo because the company that purchased them operated in markets where there was already a Univision station, so Telemundo made a deal wiith them to pick up the slack in key areas like Philly, New England, DC, El Paso, San Antonio, and Central Florida.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
As always thanks for your info !

6881 - 6891 of 6891 Posts