Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is starting to drive me nuts.

I have a beautiful 117" front projector HDTV and cannot get anything to show on it but HBO/Showtime.

I bought a Sony HD-200 for HBO/Showtime and HDNET, but don't use it very often.

I bought a Thelves antenna and sometime can pick up CBS-HD and Fox-DT from NY. The weather has to be perfect all the way to NY for it to work and thus have pretty much given up.

Cablevision has HDTV in my area but no locals! By what reasoning could there be for not having the locals?

This is the one that really drives me nuts.

Sorry, for venting.

Feeling better, ahhh it can't be much longer.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Join the club, I only get FOX and UPN digital broadcasts, and when it rains it's done. Then again I'm using an old antenna that has been on my roof for over 20 years.

I had a Zenith Antenna and I used to get CBS HD(sadly didn't get anything else), but oh well.

I hope SOMEBODY will offer local channels in HD soon...

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes I have a Radio Shack top of the line power preamp and it has done wonders for my reception. I could not get CBS or FOX without it. I also have a rotator on the antenna which helps for some reason. Sometimes I have to point the antenna up to 30 degrees off of NY to get CBS. But, at this point I only watch when the weather is good and of course something is on. I'm hoping that they increase the signal strength and number of channels soon and all of these problems go away.

The satellite I can sort of accept, although still drives me nuts that out of 400 channels they have 3 in HD.

But, Cablevision is crazy not to have the locals in HD to steal back customers like me who chose DirecTV for both NFL and better picture quality. Customer retention would be better as well if they have something satellite doesn't have. Truth be told I would choose HDTV in heartbeat over Sunday Ticket.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I had trouble with the RS preamp, It fluctuated too much. I got the CM7777 and its much better, I also just got the CM 4228 antenna and am having better reception. Luckally I live in Basking Ridge just where the mountains start and have basically given up on NYC in favor of Philly, which I can get now that I have good equipment. I've also got Cablevision its rediculase the sh... they force on us, Its a company run by Neaderthals.

·
Registered
280 Posts
antsinger,

I am in central NJ and I FEEL YOUR PAIN!

I have a 110" Sanyo Z1 that is starving for HDTV and I'm not buying a set top box+antenna just to get local programming. What we need to do is call Cablevision every day till they give it to us. They want to make money off of this which is why the only channels they carry in HD are one's they charge for. My friend has Comcast and gets the locals in HDTV.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.