AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a temporary OTA antenna (Silver Sensor) hooked up outside and I am getting a ok signal but it is fluctuating a lot. I was wondering a preamp would remedy this situation. Are there any other antennas worth trying. I have heard some good things about the Silver Sensor. Right now I have this antenna about 8 feet off the ground as a temporary solution. I was thinking about putting it in the attic, but thought that this might not be a bad solution either? Any thought on given up some height to have the antenna on the outside?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. This is for all digital signals so would a preamp help stabilize the signal? I get all the HD channels I need so from the perspective I am lucky. You help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Someone better qualified might tell you if you need a pre-amp...

I've got a mast and guy-wire (sp?) on the roof (Huntington Beach) that puts a standard radio shack or sears uhf-vhf 'ugly old antenna' 15 feet above my roof (I had it up there already from the days before DirecTV offered all the LA locals). All the OTA hd broadcasts from LA come in strong...

PS: I think that the signal strength fluctuations are normal: I get them too, and it may be atmospheric or broadcaster-related...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.