AVS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody!

I'm researching home theater seating. Right now I'm leaning toward the Berkline 45004. However, I'd like to "test drive" these seats before I shell out a ton of money. Next week I'll be driving through North Carolina and South Carolina (going to Charleston, SC via Greensboro, NC and Charlotte, NC). Can anyone recommend a store in the NC/SC area that has a showroom that we could visit to try out Berkline home theater chairs?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
520 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lingshu8 /forum/post/14282234

Hi everybody!

I'm researching home theater seating. Right now I'm leaning toward the Berkline 45004. However, I'd like to "test drive" these seats before I shell out a ton of money. Next week I'll be driving through North Carolina and South Carolina (going to Charleston, SC via Greensboro, NC and Charlotte, NC). Can anyone recommend a store in the NC/SC area that has a showroom that we could visit to try out Berkline home theater chairs?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Uptown Charlotte has a Zobo, that would be your best bet since your only cruising thru the state. There are funiture stores as well but you would get lost since you don't know the area....

http://zobo.tv/our_stores.php

·
Registered
6 Posts
Google Furniturelandsouth. Their showrooms are enormous, and they have a fairly large selection of theater seating. Located in Jamestown NC, very close to Greensboro on Hwy 85.

IIRC, the theater stuff is in the building on the left (the one with the Starbucks!), not the larger building on the right.

Warning... don't take your spouse. You may be there all day, and may spend more $ than you planned
j/k

Good luck!

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Furnitureland South is awesome. We have bought stuff (not HT related) there. You can also try the Hickory Furniture MArt in (surprise) Hickory, NC. IT is very close to 85 also.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcneil141 /forum/post/14284560

Google Furniturelandsouth. Their showrooms are enormous, and they have a fairly large selection of theater seating. Located in Jamestown NC, very close to Greensboro on Hwy 85.

IIRC, the theater stuff is in the building on the left (the one with the Starbucks!), not the larger building on the right.

Warning... don't take your spouse. You may be there all day, and may spend more $ than you planned
j/k

Good luck!

Be aware that Furnitureland South is on Business 85, not I 85 proper.

Have fun!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hey everyone! I know this thread is old, but I'm in Greenville, SC and would like to see some HT showrooms. I figured a bump would be helpful to anyone else looking this.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joebilly /forum/post/0

Hey everyone! I know this thread is old, but I'm in Greenville, SC and would like to see some HT showrooms. I figured a bump would be helpful to anyone else looking this.

Any suggestions?

Joe, I am also in Greenville and during my build I did not find any HT showrooms. I relied mostly on this forum and other sites with pictures of completed builds. I must have looked at 1000 completed HT's to come up with my design.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Your theater looks pretty awesome!

I think we are sticking with a very simple setup with no stage, only a set of risers and a counter at the back. What I'm really interested in is comparing components (i.e. speakers, receivers, seating... but especially speakers).

·
Registered
616 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joebilly /forum/post/21589585

Your theater looks pretty awesome!

I think we are sticking with a very simple setup with no stage, only a set of risers and a counter at the back. What I'm really interested in is comparing components (i.e. speakers, receivers, seating... but especially speakers).

Speakers at best should be demoed in the room. Different designs interact differently with the room, what you hear in a demo room likely not be what you get at home.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts