AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've fried my precious NEC-6PG. I need professional help. Can anybody recommend a technician in Northern California (San Francisco, although I'm willing to drive a few hours for this), or tell me how to go about finding one (yellow pages?).

Thanks much.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Wlliam Phelps lives in Palo Alto. If you do a search here on the forum you might find an e-mail address. I remember his name because I had heard he does excellent work, and he was close.

I prefer to deal with Doug Baisey. He was a factory Rep for NEC back when NEC was supporting their CRT's. He has been trained by NEC, he has all of their manuals, he has parts, he has years of experience working on the same projector you have. Doug knows these projectors inside and out. CRT's are his proffession, not his hobby. You can spend a lot of time trying different ideas from the forum, but if you use Baisey, you won't have any down time or frustration to contend with.

I was going to have Doug come up in July to replace my green tube, and fine tweak my NEC projector, but if you decide to use him, I'm willing to have my tube replaced sooner, and that would save you half of the travel cost for Doug to come up from Southern California.

Hope this helps. You can contact him at [email protected] ,

or myself at [email protected] .

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey, I drove my NEC-6PG up to Chico today, and it's fixed!

Huge thanks to HammerHead Technology ( www.hammerheadtech.com ) -- Darrel was able to replace the busted F-drive and DEF board in my projector. I highly recommend them if any of you need service in the future; they've got an impressive "CRT Junkyard" to use as a source for replacement parts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.