Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

I just want to ask all experienced people here about using Norton Ghost to make a backup image for the win xp partition on my HDD .

I used it with Win ME and it works great , but with Win XP Pro it doesn't seem to work , yes it makes the image file but when I try to restore the image to the partition , it turns to be VERY corrupt and I have to reinstall Win XP , which is a real pain in the *** (you know what !) :D

Any help ?!

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
form symantec:

"Situation:

You want to use Ghost to clone a computer that contains the Windows XP operating system, and you want to know whether Ghost is compatible with Windows XP.

Solution:

Ghost's compatibility with Windows XP depends on the Ghost version. As of November 2001, only Norton Ghost 2002 and Symantec Ghost 7.5 are compatible with Windows XP. Symantec does not provide technical support for other Ghost versions with Windows XP. "

http://service4.symantec.com/SUPPORT...00011107215039

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
I installed a new 120 Gb HD in my HTPC last week I used Ghost 2002. Everything went fine with XP Pro but the new hard drive tripped the hardware fingerprint for TheaterTek so I had to register it but Andrew (TheaterTek) is very quick at returning installation key so I was up again in a couple of hours.

Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.