AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
tried to take the low road...

polk T15 ~100$/pair - 3feet away- side by side a/b sort of comparison: T15 to me are not better than onkyo htib sr 800, diminished in the mid-bass/mid-low voice area, feel slightly constipated and less in the highs as well, but onkyo sound boomy compared yet more presence. From couch- regular listening material: not as noticeable

... i dont know... if 100$ seems to be even below what i got now... paying 250 likely wont impress me much ...
... i'll try the TSI100 ... i hope the CS1 center to have something extra...

·
Registered
7,003 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulls /forum/post/0

tried to take the low road...

polk T15 ~100$/pair - 3feet away- side by side a/b sort of comparison: T15 to me are not better than onkyo htib sr 800, diminished in the mid-bass/mid-low voice area, feel slightly constipated and less in the highs as well, but onkyo sound boomy compared yet more presence. From couch- regular listening material: not as noticeable

... i dont know... if 100$ seems to be even below what i got now... paying 250 likely wont impress me much ...
... i'll try the TSI100 ... i hope the CS1 center to have something extra...

I'm not a fan of the t15's they are extremely poor performing. And for the price of the Monitor 30's at $90 when on sale they are far better.

When you want an upgrade though prepare to spend more money

Something like the infinity p163's with a infinity pc350/351 would impress you... So would Polk monitor's series ii from newegg.com

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey thanks!! got the 30s ... they are much better !! well worth the price

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.