AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was semi-primed tonight for the first semi-watchable movie on InHD in ages - "Blown Away" (according to the guide). Instead they are showing some awful movie starring the Corey teeniboppers, which blows. They seem to usea bit of bait and switch. Noticed this once before, with "Shaft".

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry - I should clarify. I saw the movie being shown several years (decades) ago, rented only because Nicole Eggert was big in Baywatch at the time. However, the Comcast onscreen guide and TitanTV both give the description of the Jeff Bridges/Tommy Lee Jones "Blown Away" for this slot, thus my disappointment. I don't know who is responsible for the inaccuracy/misinformation, but the same thing happened with "Shaft".

Unfortunately, my wife is now sucked in to the movie, so I am forced to watch it. Worst, the nude scenes are already over. Pretty soft looking HD transfer.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When I pulled up the description on TitanTV, it gave me the Jeff Bridges version. Go figure.

At least I was able to salvage the night with a fine viewing of "Cabin Fever" on DVD, over a cocktail.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Must be a problem with the cable companies. TWC where I live had the correct info. I was quite disappointed, when I saw which Blown Away it was, but at least I didn't get my hopes up.

Speaking of INHD, my guide shows "NO DATA" for at least one of the INHD channels all the time. Anybody else experience this? (sorry for the hijack, but it is guide related)

·
Registered
318 Posts
D*/HBO had a similar goof a while ago. They had "The Boys from Brazil" in the channel guide as the movie I was hoping to see (Gregory Peck, I believe was in that movie). However, what was actually shown was a documentary with the same title about homosexual prostitutes in Brazil. Not quite what I was expecting.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077269/

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
My Comcast said the Corey twins version of Blown away. Though a friends said the Jeff Bridges version. I believe it was on before and mine also said it was the Jeff Bridges version.

I had the same problem with Chain Reaction too... not that I really wanted to watch the Keanu version. INHD also had this problem when they were showing the original Ocean's Eleven but the description was of the new remake.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by spoggly

Speaking of INHD, my guide shows "NO DATA" for at least one of the INHD channels all the time. Anybody else experience this? (sorry for the hijack, but it is guide related)
My local cableco has a presence here, from time to time. I described a similar experience and received the response that the cable box might not be getting a high enough signal level. Call tech support to have the in-home line tested. I only got my box 3 weeks ago and still can't use "OnDemand" and my ABC affiliate has days of good and no signal.

YMMV

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by sangs
Nicole Eggert's performance in Blown Away was brilliant. There's at least 20 minutes or so of very, very watchable footage from that movie.
And wasn't she underage at the time????

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.