Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I own the 5040. I have had it for almost a year. I connect to my existing home network to download updates. The main PC has a dial-up modem used to connect to the internet. I have 2 other PC's on this network that connect to the internet through this main PC and have no problems getting through.

This past week I noticed that my channel guide is completely blank. I went to 243zones and manually connected to the replay servers. I can hear my modem pick up and dial the access # from my office. As soon as it connects, the replaytv says "connecting" and after 3 min or so, it reboots. I wait the 3 min it takes to come back up and it reboots again. It never switches off of the connecting message and doesn't download anything.

This is a never ending circle. I get activity from the hub, I can ping the IP adress assigned to the unit. I have a green light on the back of the replaytv unit. what can I be missing? What else can I try?

Thanks,

Richard

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
What version of RTV software are you using? Look in Setup Menu under System information.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
There is a long number in System info--- what are the last 3 digits. Just verifying that you have the latest released software- should end in 190.

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
Hopefully cold booting (unplug recorder for 1 minute) will get it out of that cycle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.