1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
connection question.

Ok so I have the following items

avr-254 and a samsung ln650

I have two 360's, 1 - wii, dish network and 1 bd60 blueray player i have now acquired a ps3

current config is:

dishnet - HDMI

360(1) - HDMI

bd60 - HDMI

wii - Componet

I need to connect the following.

1 - PS3

1 - more xbox

Problem is im out of hdmi and i have one component left

the dish is a non comprimise so its staying hdmi

same with the 360, and i would rather use my bd60 vs the ps3 for blue ray.

i have the ports on my tv so i can move my wii to that and the second 360 if need be but then i gotta deal with getting the audio back to the receiver.

·
Registered
65 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zikronix /forum/post/18256426

connection question.

Ok so I have the following items

avr-254 and a samsung ln650

I have two 360's, 1 - wii, dish network and 1 bd60 blueray player i have now acquired a ps3

current config is:

dishnet - HDMI

360(1) - HDMI

bd60 - HDMI

wii - Componet

I need to connect the following.

1 - PS3

1 - more xbox

Problem is im out of hdmi and i have one component left

the dish is a non comprimise so its staying hdmi

same with the 360, and i would rather use my bd60 vs the ps3 for blue ray.

i have the ports on my tv so i can move my wii to that and the second 360 if need be but then i gotta deal with getting the audio back to the receiver.

I don't see why you would move the wii to the TV from the AVR since it has 2 component inputs. I guess you could use the AVR component inputs for the PS3 and second 360. I'd try to keep as much as possible using digital (HDMI and OPT) instead of analog (component) going to the AVR or TV.

You can bring sound back from the TV OPT-OUT to the receiver. I don't know if this will hinder the sound but it will allow all the pieces to be hooked up to your current setup. Choose the least desirable components to go first through the TV.

Why do you need two 360s on the same TV?

Another option is the PS3 HDMI-OUT to the TV and PS3 OPT-OUT to the AVR. The extra xbox having only an HDMI-out can go to the TVs second HDMI-IN with the TVs OPT-OUT going to the AVR's second OPT-IN. You are using one more OPT cable in this setup but it allows the video to go over HDMI to the TV and only routes the second xbox audio through the TV (in case the TV somehow diminishes the audio). The PS3 audio goes directly to the AVR over OPT (also goes through TV to AVR over TVs OPT-OUT). It's not ideal but a couple OPT and HDMI cables from monoprice.com is more affordable than a new receiver.

AVR:

dishnet - HDMI-1

360(1) - HDMI-2

bd60 - HDMI-3

wii - Componet-1

PS3 - OPT-1

TV (carrying 360(2) audio and extra PS3 audio) - OPT-2

TV:

PS3 - HDMI-1

360(2) - HDMI-2

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
two 360's why....ones a jtagged console the other is my live console

prefer to stay away from hdmi switchers

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
So, what do you think is inside an AVR? An HDMI switch. So the alternative is shell out big bucks for a new AVR with more inputs. Your choice.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvrgeek /forum/post/18260579

So, what do you think is inside an AVR? An HDMI switch. So the alternative is shell out big bucks for a new AVR with more inputs. Your choice.

No I understand that....what im saying if i can get away with out spending any money...then thats great. and I did. I directed the ps3 output to the tv alond with with the wii. came optical in from the tv and it works great.

no need for an hdmi switcher now

·
Registered
871 Posts
other than you aren't getting a 5.1 signal from the PS3 if you go PS3 to TV via HDMI and then optical out of the TV, your only getting stereo

1 - 7 of 7 Posts