AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my Onkyo TXSR-604 for several years now and am always frustrated with it when I need to change the settings. I now need another HDMI output and am considering retiring it for greener pastures.

My setup includes;

HD Tivo

HD DVD with streaming video

Occasional PS3

Projector

Cambridge Soundworks Cinema Series Speaker setup 5.1

500 watt bash amp subwoofer

I want to add a tv in another room that will work with the tivo. I have run the cable and my remote will work from the other room. The problem is that there is only one HDMI output. I can hook the tivo up to the 604 with the component cables, but the 604 won't send the component signal to the projector over the HDMI

I know most of my components are old, but it works pretty good and why fix what ain't broken.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
7,255 Posts
The less than obvious headaches here are that if your TV is on in the second area, and you are just using stereo speakers then whatever is running to that second TV will have audio downgraded to stereo and hopefully it is only the active source that has that issue.

The simplest solution if you just want Tivo is the previously mentioned HDMI splitter which can take the Tivo signal to both your local receiver and your television.

If you want to be able to have access to all of your sources from your receiver than you may want to get something like the Denon AVR-3313 which is available at closeout pricing right now. Pretty cool delivery for under a grand and it will offer you separate HDMI sources for zone 1 and zone 2 as you choose.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splicer010  /t/1471963/not-enough-hdmi-outputs#post_23294880

But you have me curious as a cat as to what you mean by "HD DVD with streaming video"...HD DVD players were before all the streaming craze began.

I meant blue-ray with streaming.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts