AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am remuxing all my hd-dvd and blu ray's to .ts and .m2ts files to be played in WMC. Most of them work except for a couple blu rays. Specifically with Ice Age 3 right now. It is DTS Master Audio.

I'm using clown_bd for most blu rays and tonmt for most hd-dvd's, both in combination with anydvdhd. For those that don't know, clown_bd and tonmt are gui's for eac3to and tsmuxer.

The video plays fine with the microsoft decoder in Win7 64, and also with the ffdshow video decoder, but mpc-hc has bad artifacts. None of the three can play the audio though. I've set clown_bd and tonmt to pass-thru, convert to ac3, lcpm, and nothing is working.

Today I feel I had a minor breakthrough though. I've been trying to get remote graph working in graphstudio, and while I have not got it working, I noticed that when I dragged and dropped ice_age_3.ts to graphstudio and hit play, I got audio. The graph is showing haali as the splitter, ffdshow as the audio decoder, and I can hear it in my speakers.

However, when I open the ice_age_3.ts in WMP, I do not see a haali systray icon, nor do I see an ffdshow audio icon in the systray.

I don't know how to tell windows 7 to use these. I've got the win7DStweaker and know how to use it to tell windows what to use, and how ti disable various Microsoft decoders (right now all four are disabled, video and audio 32 and 64). But I just cannot figure out how to get audio in WMP/WMC.

And if I can get remote graph working too that would be great but not really a big deal.

Thanks

Edit: when audio does play from graphstudio, the receiver indicates it's getting DTS. Don't remember if it's core or what. But my receiver supports DTS-HD Master Audio so if I can get that working that would be sweet. But right now I'd be damn happy with 2-channel stereo.

·
Premium Member
16,132 Posts
Which do you use:

GraphStudio: 32 bit or 64 bit?

WMP: 32 bit or 64 bit?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Both 32. I had been trying to go 64 but ran into problems. Win7 is 64 but the two you mentioned and ffdshow are 32. Haali seems to have both with their latest installer.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was able to get DTS audio to my receiver by using MPC-HC x64 with the Microsoft DTV-DVD video decoder (the default video decoder had problems but audio always worked). I really don't know what audio decoder is being used though. The only time I can ever get ffdshow to show in the systray is when I plan an old AVI with xvid+mp3 (I think it's mp3), or when I play a video created by graphstudio. It seems like maybe no decoder is being used and it's just passing through to my receiver.

I think I'm having more x86/x64 issues than I realized. I was thinking last night that I have ffdshow x86 loaded, and MPC-HC x64, and how it's probably not working because of that. But that doesn't explain why WMP isn't using ffdshow.

I'm seriously considering loading Win7 x86. I was reading yesterday how the "best" option for decoding VC1 in WMC doesn't work for x64.

Bit disappointed in how much a pita Win7 has been to work with regarding codecs. But I wasn't trying to do this stuff with Vista either so maybe it's not so bad in comparison.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts