AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two machines, one had EPG till Mon. till 7PM the other has Mon. no Tues then Wed all day and thats all.

Have done a connect to RTV on both machines, they go through the whole download but when they a through the EPG is still the same.

Does anyone else have this problem or is the EPG not available yet?

Neither machines have a message that they tried to connect but could not, so I don't think that replay has tried to connect overnight.

I there something else I should do?

I am going to start to manual record tonights programs and tomorrow I will do Tues. programs if no EPG, but not looking forward to this as I record a lot of shows as most of us do.

·
Registered
585 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfly /forum/post/20765159

I have two machines, one had EPG till Mon. till 7PM the other has Mon. no Tues then Wed all day and thats all.

Have done a connect to RTV on both machines, they go through the whole download but when they a through the EPG is still the same.

Does anyone else have this problem or is the EPG not available yet?

Neither machines have a message that they tried to connect but could not, so I don't think that replay has tried to connect overnight.

I there something else I should do?

I am going to start to manual record tonights programs and tomorrow I will do Tues. programs if no EPG, but not looking forward to this as I record a lot of shows as most of us do.

Do a 2-4-3-Zones: Clear Channel Guide, machine will reboot, then do it again (not sure if this is necessary in this situation). After that, do a 2-4-3-Zones: Net connect.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space /forum/post/20766730

Do a 2-4-3-Zones: Clear Channel Guide, machine will reboot, then do it again (not sure if this is necessary in this situation). After that, do a 2-4-3-Zones: Net connect.

Been there, done that, no joy. Either the machines connect to the server for only about 20 min. and then disconnects or I will get a message saying that RTV in not answering, which may mean all lines are in use, I also sometimes get a screen the says, "No program guide, go to menu, setup, network and input settings to get program guide. I thought this may be something new but no, there is no way to get the program guide, as far as I can see from this page. From the menu the only way I know how to get it is to use the connect to replay now link.

Are the servers just too busy or have I got another problem?

Is anyone else having a problem connecting?

·
Registered
585 Posts
Is there anything about your setup that has changed since the problem started? Did you attempt to move to WiRNS or LaHo?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space /forum/post/20770836

Is there anything about your setup that has changed since the problem started? Did you attempt to move to WiRNS or LaHo?

No nothing has changed. now I sometimes get a screen that says registration with a button to connect, I ignored this, then when it kept coming up I hit connect and it had a message that it had to verify my machine and then came back that it could not at this time and would try later.

Now that I cleared the EPG I can no longer even record manually which leaves me with two bricks, should left well enough alone but who would have thought I would have this much trouble.

I will just keep trying and maybe it will connect and stay connected and load the EPG.

Thanks for your replies if you can think of something I can do please let me know.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Why model are the Replays? Are you using dial-up or Ethernet?

·
Registered
357 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfly /forum/post/20770944

No nothing has changed. now I sometimes get a screen that says registration with a button to connect, I ignored this, then when it kept coming up I hit connect and it had a message that it had to verify my machine and then came back that it could not at this time and would try later.

Now that I cleared the EPG I can no longer even record manually which leaves me with two bricks, should left well enough alone but who would have thought I would have this much trouble.

I will just keep trying and maybe it will connect and stay connected and load the EPG.

Thanks for your replies if you can think of something I can do please let me know.

I suppose you've tried changing the ZIP code in setup?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlloyd /forum/post/20771231

I suppose you've tried changing the ZIP code in setup?

Thanks for jogging my memory, around five years ago I had trouble connecting and had to go in and change my zip and dial in phone number because Bell South would not connect to my local number. When I went in this time my local number was up, how that came about I don't know, maybe when I cleared the EPG somehow it reverted to it. Anyway I changed my zip so I could get the list of phone numbers, changed to a primary which is LD which I don't pay and all seems to be well, both machine have got their EPG's back.

Thanks to all who replied to try and get me up and running.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.