AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought 360. Not happy with the system so far. No major problems just not impressed with the graphics. After reviewing all the pictures of everyone's graphics I was like wowbut now I am thinking twice.

I have Sony 40 XBR2 and I am using the componet hook up it came with. Am I missing something?

Any help is great.

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Just be thankfull you did not buy any of the other consoles.

·
Registered
32,700 Posts
Are they noticeably different, like a lot. Then you didn't flip the switch on the cable to HD and go into your control panel in the 360 and pick your HD settings.

If it is minor, its the TV settings or something.

Either way, check Gears of War? Best graphical game on a system ever. You also said it yourself. You saw screen shots of other people's systems, so you know what it can do. You must not have something configured right.

·
Registered
3,356 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40XBR2Sony /forum/post/0

Just bought 360. Not happy with the system so far. No major problems just not impressed with the graphics. After reviewing all the pictures of everyone's graphics I was like wowbut now I am thinking twice.

I have Sony 40 XBR2 and I am using the componet hook up it came with. Am I missing something?

Any help is great.

There is a small switch on the cables, SDHD, I forget the default. I use VGA. The best graphics are GoW & RS:V if you like shooters (I do).

·
Registered
53 Posts
Also reading your other posts you seem to be having problems with uneven/cloudy backlighting as well a motion blur during sports? Are these issues popping up with the 360 games as well because if so it could be your set is defective.

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
Can you give us a list of games you have tried out? Also check your Video cable and make sure it is flipped over to HD and not TV. Check your system settings and see what your output is. I have mine set to 1080I and everything looks great. 720P or 1080I should be fine for your set. I can't remember if the XBR2 is 1080 or not?

·
Registered
8,070 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Krypton /forum/post/0

Why? there's not a bad console out there. Sure, the PS3 has some limited software right now but I am enjoying all of the new consoles.

He's disapointed in the GRAPHICS Dean nothing else. That means he would be very upset with the Wii graphics and probably non too pleased with most PS3 graphics. Exactly what does enjoying all consoels have to do with graphics?

·
Registered
1,029 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankJ.Cone /forum/post/0

He's disapointed in the GRAPHICS Dean nothing else. That means he would be very upset with the Wii graphics and probably non too pleased with most PS3 graphics. Exactly what does enjoying all consoels have to do with graphics?

I see what you mean. Because I found the original post absurd I didn't put that together with your post. But graphically PS3 will do just fine. As far as the Wii goes, that would probably have crippled him.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
anyone have any settings I can try? I am playing madden right now. I have 1080i set. Should I get vga??

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.