AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When Steven Spielberg has a 20-hour timeslot to work with, we expect a lot, and I thought Taken pretty much delivered with an intelligent approach to the alien abduction genre. The Sci-Fi channel PQ was OK zoomed to fill my 16:9 display, but HD would have been great. Maybe we'll see an HD DVD of Taken someday. There might be 14 hours at most of actual story.

·
Registered
13,531 Posts
I thought the series was excellent. Just wish it was in HD...

·
Registered
120 Posts
I loved it,,, very good story and good actors. Not to mention the story line. I like how it took us from the 47 crash up to the present...

ATR

·
Registered
734 Posts
I thought the story was compelling, but with a bit too much of the soap opera approach. We also got to see all the bad guys die in some horrible way or another, except for Mary, who deserved it way more than Chet.

Probably the worst episode for me was Episode 4 - Acid Test. Way too much running around in the woods ala Blair Witch. Another one was Episode 7 - God's Equation. The whole psycho with a gun was way too drawn out.

Overall, I liked it but it could have been pared down to 8-10 hours and been much move riveting.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I sorta like how they took their time telling the story...even if it made it real slow at times. It would have been icing if it had been HD!!!

Has anything ever been done like this before? I mean, 2 hours a night for two weeks? After experiencing this, I think some shows like X-Files should have been done this way...cause I lost interest in the X-Files, seasons before it ended.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I tivo'd several episodes at a time and got hooked often into the wee hours. I agree on the psycho scene being too long, but all in all ai loved it.

Reminds me of Roots long ago. Uh oh, I just dated myself. Forget I just said that.

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
I watched the first 2 shows. I thought it developed way too slow and with the new SciFi logo glaring at me the whole time, I just couldn't watch it any longer. KILL THE BUG!!!

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
I, too, have turned off some good programs on various channels because of the annoying bug. As for "Taken", i forgot it was coming on and never set the VCR. I was out of town and could have gotten a tape that would record for 10 hrs. in the EP mode.

I would never have watched a program like this at sat thru all the commercials that would break the continuity. Always timeshift everything we really want to watch if only to skip thru commercials.

...mike

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.