Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

My new KP51WS500 was delivered yesterday and was set up by the guy's that delivered it from the Sony Store. Then I turned it on as the Flyer - Leaf game started and almost ran out the door to catch the delivery guy's before they left so they could take this thing back to the store with them. I was expecting something totally different. I played with the menu settings and got the picture as good as I could. Still NOTHING as clear as my 10 year old 32" Trinitron tube TV. I have fairly decent RCA brand S video and component cables hooking everything up to it. I find best picture with Pro mode. If I have it on Vivid, I can barely read the time and channel when scrolling through my guide on the satelitte. Same with the hockey score when watching the game. If a player is close up, the picture is not too bad but when the camera spans the ice surface, the players are blurry. I pressed the auto focus different times to see if that helped but still the same.

How far away from the 51" screen should the seating be?

I'm trying to get a Sony tech to come out and set it up properly. It he does and this is how it should be, the it will be going back for another tube TV. I am getting the Videa Essentials DVD tonight to see what I can do.

Is there anything I'm missing or advice that you current owners of this set can offer? I'm at a loss and need some starting points to try. I expected so much more and am right now quite frustrated. I hope you people realize how much I appreciate any and all help.

Sid

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Greetings

Are your expectations realistic? What happens when you blow up a 6" photo to 60" ? Do you still expect the same clarity? Obviously not ... so why do you expect that from your RPTV?

There is a finite amount of information in the TV signal ... unfortunately blowing it up will not magically create new detail in the image. Line doubled images also look somewhat softer than interlaced images like on your 32". One reason ... interlaced lines create the appearance of a sharper image, but that is an illusion. Take away that interlacing and you see the image as it truly is.

Regards

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I understand that the picture will not be a good as a tube tv but for more than double the money than the cost to replace the 32" I have now, it should be fairly close. I feel like I spent double the money and got half a TV. The TV might not be suited for the suroundings it's in. I'm trying to find this out so I can decide if I need to return it for something different.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.