Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

well, I have this problem ... I can't read text on a TV ... I can see it just fine (so, not the size that matters) ... but it all kind of "colorful" (I mean that there are some RGB lines on it... and stuff like that :( ) ... why is that? ... can this be b/c of my ****** video card (ATI Rage) ... If I get Maxtor G400 it will be fine ?

thx :)

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
If you are using s-video or (shudder) composite to connect your PC to the TV, chances are text won't look very good no matter what card you use.

What resolution are you running on the PC? Lowering the resolution you are using may help.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm experemnting and running at 640x480 and 800x600 ... :(

and I'm using s-video - > composite :(

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
What exactly do you mean by s-video to composite? Are you talking about the s-video to composite adapter that may have come with your video card?

When using a composite connection, the quality of the picture depends, to a great degree, on the quality of the comb filter in the TV. If the comb filter is of poor quality, you certainly won't get good results.

Usa a s-video connection if possible, this bypasses the need for a comb filter by keeping the luma and chroma (brightness and color) signals seperate from one another.

If you have no other options besides composite, 640x480 and large fonts is probably the best you'll be able to read.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.