AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tested the 'Tinker Toy Box' from Toy Story on the Yamaha DVD-S2300. The graphics were very stable. I know what the flicker bug is like because I used to have an RP56. Has anyone else tested this?

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll post it tonite when I'm home.

Basically, it's towards the beginning when Woody is 'rallying the troops' and using a tinker toy box as a sort of podium. The red top of the tinker toy box triggered the 'flicker' bug in DCDi players like the RP56 (fixed in the RP82). The Secrets review of the S2300 said that the flicker bug was present, but I'm not seeing it...

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The 'Tinker Toy Box Flicker' on Toy Story occurs on chapter 4, starting at around 6:00 into the film.

On the RP56, the flicker bug caused the red top of the Tinker Toy box to flicker heavily. In fact, it almost looked like it was bouncing up and down. It looked just awful.

It was gone in the RP82, and despite what the Secrets review says, I'm just not seeing it on the S2300.

I may see just a hint of flicker around the microphone head, but it might just be aliasing. The red is definitely oversaturated, and may start to bloom on many sets, but that's not the classic DCDi flicker bug exhibited on the RP56. Let's just say that once you see it, you don't forget it. If it's still there on the S2300, they must have toned it down about 99%.

·
Banned
3,752 Posts
I'm not seeing anything that could be described as "flicker". No pulsing or strobing or any other sort of instability, even in the most saturated reds.

If Secrets found this in the sample 2300 they saw, it makes me wonder about the review sample Sound & Vision got.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.