1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Below is a link to the sub that I have
http://www.amazon.com/Polk-Audio-10-...cmu_pg__header

The room is pre wired and I just don't have time to rewire right now, kids, work, etc. The room is basic square, the previous owner ran speaker wires in the walls, two in the front of the room (Left & Right), Two in the rear of the room (left & right), and another speaker wire in the rear of the room at ground leave for a sub. TV & Components will go in the front of the room. So all I have here is your typical speaker wire for the sub in the back of the room. I see a bunch of connections on the back of this sub. Can someone explain to me in which input that I should hook up my speaker wire to?

I'm sure I may get two answers, one for how to do it in my situation, and the right way...

·
Super Moderator
14,617 Posts
Run a coaxial (RCA-to-RCA) cable from the Sub output on your AVR and connect it to the L or R inputs (or both, using a Y-splitter, if the manual says it's OK to do so) on the back of the sub.

You could connect using the L+R speaker wire*, but then you won't get LFE audio.

(* You would run wire from the L+R speaker outputs on your receiver to the L+R speaker inputs on sub, and from the L+R speaker outputs on sub to the L+R speakers. And you'd set the crossover on the sub itself.)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.