AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This going into a church, we have two Sanyo PLV-70 projectors and I'm sure the two screen we had are 65" well the issue is the new location has 31 ft high cathedral ceiling the max throw on the Sanyo is 38 ft which I doubt I will go back that far to get a 300 inch picture..

But here is the thing from the front (where I want to mount the screen) to the rear is 86 Ft and a 65 in manual pull down screen is going to look out of place..

I'm trying to find out what size should I be looking for? I noticed most motorized screens only stop around 120" it does not have to be motorized but it would be a nice option because of decor..

the other option is just building a screen..

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
 http://www.projectorcentral.com/Sanyo-PLV-70-projection-calculator-pro.htm

For a 1.0 gain screen, you are maxed out in terms of size at ~175". If you go any larger you're going to be at an unacceptable level of brightness. Usually in a church there is ambient light anyway, so even at 175" it may be pushing it. You could get a high gain screen, but you will be paying a lot of money for a good one and there will be issues in that there is a sweet spot for viewing a high gain screen. Your other option, if you want a really large screen, is simply to get a projector with more lumens. 2200 isn't much for a venue like that, TBH. If I were in your place, I would just frame up a 120" wood 16:9 screen, wrap it in a white blanket(s) and project onto it with your current projector and see what you think. Odds are it will probably be big enough. If it's not, I'd make a fixed screen using Seymour AV glacier white material, attach it using French cleats so it can be easily removed for special events and buy a new projector that packs more lumens. Hope that helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts