AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the sharp z3000 and i will be using this in my media room that we watch about 50% movies and 50% HD-TV. The room has some light control but i would like to be able to have poker and football partys with some ambient light. The screen i need would be fixed and around 100 or so. I am so confused as to what screen i should get. i am not the diy type so i think i am just going to buy a fixed screen and be done with it. this is the last thing i need to finish this project so any help would be great. my seats are about 11 of 12 feet away from the wall where the screen would be.

Thanks

Luis

·
Registered
252 Posts
If the lighting is directly over the seating area I would go for the high power by DaLite. I actually have controlled lighting in my room and during football games I leave the Light above the seating area on and have no problems with the picture. I also sometimes keep the row of can lights on the left and right side of the room on but very dim. The main thing you dont want is for light to hit the screen directly. Having lights that shine down on the area you are sitting should not bother the picture. Having light hit the screen is what gives you wash out.

My screen is 115" and my projector is a panasonic AE900U. My lumens is 1100 the new panasonic has 2000. I dont know what projector you have but mine is plenty bright with the high power screen.

Randy

·
Registered
9,769 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the link to the great reviews. To be honest my head is spinning as to what screen to get. i wish someone would just link me to a good screen that matches my pj (sharpvison z3000) and i could just click and buy it. there is so much info out there and so many companys seeling this stuff that it really gets confusing. do you guys know of a good site you could link me to so that i can just buy a screen and get this over with? thanks for all the help.

Luis

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.