AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i just bought a 32 inch sammy series 3 and after a couple days i have issues with clouding particularly in the top right hand corner. its noticeable when the picture isnt in full screen and its against a black background and when im watching dvds in widescreen. a samsung tech is coming wednesday but should i even go through with it? or should i take it back? i know now that this prevalent in lcds but i just got it and its just bugging me that i know its there. other than that the picture is great. any help would be appreciated...

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'd see what the tech guy says first,if its really bad clouding,he may be able to suggest the next course of action,either returning the set for a new one,or having the panel replaced.

He may just tell you that its "normal" though,which if he does,I would take it back to the place you bought it from and get a replacement if possible.

Clouding that you can see when normal film/tv watching ,with low to mid range backlight , just isnt acceptable to me.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i mean when watching hd and the screen is full you cant see it. its only when the background is black thats why im not sure if i should even bother because itll most likely happen with every one of em. i thought i had all the bases covered before i got a hdtv but i had no idea about the clouding issue

·
Registered
453 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabloSandwich /forum/post/15446954

I'd see what the tech guy says first,if its really bad clouding,he may be able to suggest the next course of action,either returning the set for a new one,or having the panel replaced.

He may just tell you that its "normal" though,which if he does,I would take it back to the place you bought it from and get a replacement if possible.

Clouding that you can see when normal film/tv watching ,with low to mid range backlight , just isnt acceptable to me.

I wouldn't wait for the tech to come. Be it normal or to having the panel replace is not acceptable. I wouldn't want anybody butchering my brand new tv. Swap it for another or try another brand. My 2 pixels.

cheezz

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i also forgot to mention that right now im sitting only about 3 feet away from the tv and i havent been watching it straight on. maybe if i push it back it wont be as noticeable

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so i moved it back a bit farther but it didnt help all that much. damn why couldnt it just be in towards the middle and then id never notice it? lol i guess it could be worse cause i dont think its as bad as some ive seen. its going to be a pain to take it back cause they were all out of them. hopefully ill just get used to it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.