AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had the M-Audio Revolution for several months and have played several movies with no problems. Last night, I went to watch a movie and nothing but static would come through the speakers. I can't think of anything that has changed.

Background:

My setup uses the digital output into an external processor for decoding. The strange thing is that MP3 files played through the card just fine. Also, Dolby Digital from satellite played just fine through the processor. I even attempted to play a DVD file from my hard drive and I had the same problem. Finally, I tried both the DVD and the file in TheaterTek and PowerDVD with the same result.

The computer was rebooted and the processor was powered off and back on. Has anyone seen (heard) anything like this and do you have any advice on how to solve this problem? I am at a loss.

Thanks for any help!

One last anomaly is that the static would continue for 30 seconds or so after the TheaterTek or PowerDVD would shut down. Maybe this is indicative of something?

·
Registered
125 Posts
on my machine, a reboot after the reboot required for installing the drivers, causes directsound to go poot. have you re/rebooted in the past with no issues? maybe try reinstalling drivers? such a headache for such a great soundcard....

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unfortunately, I am still having problems. I have reloaded the drivers and tried a few more tests. DTS-CD works in either the CD Drive or the DVD Drive. When the DTS stream fires up, the static stops and the processor locks onto the stream immediately. While the static is playing, the processor recognizes a digital stream, but cannot lock on to the DD stream, it flickers between stereo and DD.

I'm thinking it may be possible that the static is processor specific. That is the static may be the way my particular surround processor deals with the information coming from the digital output of the Revo. I have seen various other posts, where individuals cannot get sound from their Revo, but nothing like this.

Again, I have watched movies on this same machine with the Revo in place with no problem. The problem developed recently for no apparent reason.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Apparently nobody has any ideas. Well, I suppose I will attempt more drastic measures such as switching PCI slots and/or complete software reloads.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.