AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,092 Posts
No David,

Take the glass off the wheel and filter it externally. Make one the red, one the green, and one the blue.

-Mr. Wigggles

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
That's an excellent idea!

Why no manufacturer has tried yet a "CRT like" projector with 3 DMDs? I mean 3 DMDs with each its own optical lens and its color filter (also its own lamp), thus no color wheel. The only issue I see is the setup as the 3 lens need to converge correctly, but shouldn't be more difficult than with CRTs.

So, in the end, "3 projectors merged" to have only one video processing and a simplified optical path each (no wheel). It shouldn't be more expensive than 3 separated projectors. And with 3 lamps, well, a DLP with 3000 Ansi lumen!

Carlos

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Dont most of the 3 DLP's use a prism block to merge the light beams without having the convergence hassles ???

BTW I know of a 3 DLP Ampro 5200 (XGA 2k+ lumens etc etc) for $3k... was available a couple of weeks ago...

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Carlos

salut! ( je reviens du salon et je mets mes commentaires sur ton thread après )

but 3DMDs don't have a color wheel, no ?? I don't get your point.

an Ampro 3DLP for $3K??? yippiee!!!

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
You all misunderstood me: I was suggesting to drop the prism for a "cheap" 3 DLP pj!

Take a CRT projector, remove the three RGB Tubes and replace each of them with a lens, a color filter, a DMD and a lamp.

So, with the components of three independent mono-DLP projectors, a manufacturer could make one 3 DLP projector without a prism and without huge engineering (well, I feel).

No?

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hey!

i see.

OT: j'ai oublié de voir la démo Seleco et Snell! j'ai vu l'autre seulement. Un ami l'a vu et Ã* été épatté, d'autant qu'il n'aime pas du tout le DLP.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Three times the lamps to replace! You forget about that...however, digital projectors would not have the same convergence issues as CRT's, on the basis that teh convergence on CRTS is electromagnetic, meaning it shifts, and can be effected by the earths changing magnetic fields. Any digital projector would only ahve to deal with the initial issue of alligning the three panels correctly, once that is done....no more problems, unless, of course, you drop it or somethin of that nature.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.