·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Receiver: Yamaha RX-V1500

Television: Pioneer PDP-6010FD

DVD: Denon DVD-1920

DVR: Motorola QIP-6416-2 (FiOS)

CD Changer: Sony CDP-C705 (must be 20 years old)

Stand: Salamander Triple 20

Front & Center: B&W Mini Theatre M-1

Surrounds: Forgot, they are a flush-mount ceiling speaker

Sub: Energy XL-S10

Remote: Harmony 880

Xbox 360 Pro w/Upgraded 120GB HD

Turtle Beach X3 Wireless Gaming Headphones

Not the greatest picture in the world. The sun was streaming in through the living room windows which made light management a bit of a challenge.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Nice system but you may consider doing somthing with the plant and the wall behind. I haven't much room to talk as I have nothing yet behnid mine! But the balance of the system is thrown off by those pictures. If you have a plant you should have another just like it similar on the other side. Your Denon DVD player is nice. Does it have 5 analog out?

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew4msu /forum/post/15589532

Any particular reason you didn't center the TV (and stand) on that wall?

Because of the couch placement on the opposite wall (where I was sitting when taking the picture). The TV is centered on the couch.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mconley1015 /forum/post/15589506

Nice system but you may consider doing something with the plant and the wall behind. But the balance of the system is thrown off by those pictures.

When I'm watching TV or playing a game I'm not looking at the plant or the pictures. Honestly, I don't even notice them half the time.

Quote:
Your Denon DVD player is nice. Does it have 5 analog out?

Yes. When I bought it I had thoughts that I might buy some SACD or DVD-Audio discs. That never happened.

Having said that, I don't know if it's got a DTS or Dolby Digital decoder built into it for sending those signals out the analog connections, or whether the analog out is only for SACD and DVD-Audio. I've run optical to my receiver ever since I got it.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Nice setup! I personally love the plant, don't think it's in a bad spot at all, considering where you front speakers are mounted. I always wanted a boston fern, just never had the room for one. My only peeve would be the TV blocking view of posters/pictures, but that's neither here nor there. If you like it, that's what matters. Overall, you have a very clean layout.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Gilbert /forum/post/15590823

My only peeve would be the TV blocking view of posters/pictures, but that's neither here nor there. If you like it, that's what matters. Overall, you have a very clean layout.

Well I'll cop to being lazy in regards to the picture placement. We hung those pictures when we had a Mitsubishi 45" rear projection 4:3 television. They looked fine in that configuration. When we upgraded to a Mits 62" DLP widescreen we never bothered to re-hang the pictures, and when we went to the Pioneer we again didn't bother to re-hang the pictures. The one on the left and the one in the middle would have to go so high up the wall to clear the TV that they'd look even more ridiculous. I suppose we could just take them down completely and leave the one on the right, but we don't really have any place else in the house to put them, and they have a special connection for me (I lived in Calgary during the '88 Winter Olympics). So, for now, they stay where they are (because I'm too lazy to even be bothered to take them down
).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts