AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own the Hauppage NOVA-t PCI DVB card, and although the version 2 software is a huge improvement (i.e. it works) it is still not very easy to control, and the timeshifting is pretty inconvenient to use.

Does anyone know of any alternatives, perhaps a way to use it with myHTPC for example?

·
Registered
60 Posts
I believe part of the problem is that Technotrend/Hauppauge were not willing to release an SDK for the card. However, some of the Linux guys/gals have written a driver that also allows a whole multiplex to be saved to HD in one go e.g. all the BBC channels.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Update on ShowShifter today.

http://www.showshifter.com/cgi-bin/u...c;f=5;t=000045

As so many people are asking for updates on the progress of DVB card support:

We currently have the following cards implemented and alpha testing so far:

Hauppauge WinTV-Nova-T-PCI

Hauppauge WinTV-Nova-T-USB

Hauppauge WinTV-DEC2000-T

All three of these devices are up and running, but there are quite a few bugs to iron out yet.

This is by no means the full list. We are also working on additional card support for several more cards (not necessarily DVB-based), and they should be announced when support is added.

Please do not ask which cards will be supported, as we will not be able to tell you - be patient and we will announce support when it is ready.

Breame

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.