AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a novice and have a few questions about the set and even after posting my questions, I've received no response at all, so I was wondering if you might have any input. I purchased the Samsung HLN4365W a week ago.

First the remote control unit. I am unable to program the remote to control my Emerson EWD2202 DVD/VCR combo. I have tried all the codes in the manual, and after that didn't work, I went thru the process of entering from 000 thru 089, still with no success! I'd really like to use only one remote, any idea's on how to get the proper codes to enter?

Second is an audio question. I have a wireless stereo headphone set up that I used on my former TV. On that tv, when I put the set in "mute" mode the sound would go off, and I could use my headphones. When you put the Samsung in mute, the red mute stays on the screen! So ... my question is twofold. Number one, which audio output RCA female's on the back of the set should I hook up the headphone unit to. Number two, how in the heck do you turn off the DLP's speakers?

Thanks SO MUCH, in advance if you have any insight in to the above.

David

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Moose0408
First the remote control unit. I am unable to program the remote to control my Emerson EWD2202 DVD/VCR combo. I have tried all the codes in the manual, and after that didn't work, I went thru the process of entering from 000 thru 089, still with no success! I'd really like to use only one remote, any idea's on how to get the proper codes to enter?
The remote only has so many codes in it, it's not a learning remote unfortunately. An Emerson DVD/VCR combo is probably too much of an oddball device to be included unfortunately.

If you've got lots of components, I would highly recommend a learning remote. I've tried them all, and like the MX500 the best. Plenty of physical buttons, can learn just about anything, and I can actually use this one remote to run:
  • Samsung DLP TV
  • Denon A/V receiver
  • Panasonic DVD player
  • Sony HD300 HD receiver
  • Audiotron MP3 player
  • X-10 lamp dimmer controls

You also get some soft labels with LCD that you can put your own 5-character label on. Really a nice remote, and can be bought for under a C-Note if you look hard enough :)

·
Coyote Waits
27,294 Posts
Just turn the volume all the way down. There is no volume off switch.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.