Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed my new TransVision DLP on Friday and

in a word WOW!

The picture is outstanding. I'm sure this is just a novice talking but my wife and I enjoyed it better then film.

Easy installation. Perfect picture right out of the box.

We made the right decision. It went up against the Seleco 250.

Only neg comments would be the light overspill on the screen. Can't notice it and the only reason I know it's there is becasue I looked for it after reading some comments. Also the projector is a bit noisy but after the movie get going we never knew it was there.

The colors and sharpness are simply the best of all the projectors we demo'ed. Much beter then a CRT and LCD.

Finally I can hear a huge difference between DD and DTS with the M&K's behind the Bryston 9B THX.

Can anyone offer advice for maintance for keeping the lens clean?, i.e. soft cloth? Damp? The instruction booklet is still limited. Guess they focused on getting the product out.

BTW, screen is a Grayhawk 100" 16x9.

Tom

------------------

Regards,

Tom

HT Details

26 x 14 Dedicated Room

DWIN Transvision DLP

Bryston 9B THX

Marantz monoblocks 500

M&K S150 w/S350 P/Sub

Lexicon MC-1

Toshiba 6200

Stwart Grayhawk 16:9 100"

No seating as I can no longer afford :)

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Use proper lens cleaner and a soft lint free cloth. If you visit a photography shop they will have all you need. I know you can use other more domestic cleaners etc but I am very fussy about scratching or damaging the lenses on either my Crt or Dlp.($$$)

I use an air pressure pack (can of air) for blowing the initial residue of dust then apply the optical cleaner to a soft cloth.

Do not apply to dusty lenses as you will scratch them.

I too like my Transvision and am looking forward to adding the Panamorph (1:78 Anamorphic lens) next month. This will help eliminate any light spill area from around the screen as the whole panel is used as well as all the Transvision's brightness.

DavidW

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.