Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

My name is Michael, and I am brand-new to this HT stuff and to this forum, but let me just say that I just spent about 50% of my work hour on this forum in the past three "working" days, including today (I've been at work for nearly three hours now, and have done about 30 minutes' worth of work).

I've been trying to absorb all the tremendously useful info made possible by all of you (although much of the technicalities are still way over my head). So first of all, many thanks! At this stage, I won't be able to contribute much, if at all, but I just wish to register and post to acknowledge the help I've gotten from this forum.

I started out considering the Sony VW10HT, then was introduced to the Sanyo PLV-60HT, then learned about the Toshiba TLP-MT7. Then I got smart & lurked this forum since mid last week. I join this forum a little too late, so have missed the Dell NEC LT150 sell-off. But from the many postings, as well as cost consideration (and considering my novice status), I am now one click away from ordering an NEC LT150 for ~$2385 out-the-door. Should I, should I, should I?

I really should get some work done now. Make that a MUST, or I'll be here all day. I'll check back later to read about your inputs. Thanks in advance.

------------------

Michael

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Bob.

I can't wait. I clicked on the button to purchase already.

It's on the way.

------------------

Michael

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
You have made a good choice! You can't beat that projector for the price. I only wish I was in a position to buy one as well. But I have been struggling in my own business and just don't have the money.

Where did you buy it from? (Just in case some money appears!)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
PCNation.com

Go to CNET.com to find a list of dealers & pricing. I live in CA so ordered from out of state to save on tax. You might want to check out a couple of sites based in CA.

------------------

Michael

·
Registered
855 Posts
As a FP newbie myself I pretty sure you will be very pleased with the 150. I know I am. I've got over 40 hrs on the projector now and there's no doubt about it - FP all the way!!

Thank God I caught this site before I bought a 16:9 RPTV! http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

------------------

Every man is my superior, in that I may learn from him.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Wow..these posts make me bolder to get into FP!I'm planning to go to FP too http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif . I now have a 56H80 & Pana RP91 DVD player and am looking at used Sony 10HT or new LT150..

My viewing screen would probably be 80" for now since I'm in a small apt- and I can control lighting from windows and my main living room is pretty dark anyway.

Since I'm a newbie in FP Area..which might be better 10HT or LT150? I'm just looking for honest opinions.

Cheers,

Kishore

[This message has been edited by Kishore (edited 08-27-2001).]

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
$2300 (LT150) vs. $4500 (Sony). I'd go with LT150 especially if you have a small apartment. Sony has a longer throw and you'd have to sit further back to prevent screen door effect. Sony is heavier, larger, requires more precise ceiling mounting, brighter, probably better colors (LT has better contrast (800:1 vs. 400:1), better deinterlacer/scaler builtin. Sony is native 16:9 whereas LT is 4:3 (it'll letterbox 16:9). LT may give you free "rainbows" and Sony will give you free "stars" (dead pixels on a no-source, black screen looks like stars). LT150 is a cheaper investment and will get you into FP with less pains in my opinion.

------------------

Huey ;-]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.