AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
If the receiver is "XM Ready" (or SiriusXM Ready) then you can get an outboard tuner which will plug into a special port on the back of the receiver. The problem then is getting the signal from outside to the outboard tuner. You can either run a wire to an outside antenna on the Southern side of your home (it may need to be SE or SW depending on where you live - think, "Point it towards Mexico") or you can get an XM repeater, probably off eBay for some $$$ as they're pretty rare now.. I haven't looked in a while. Search for XM Repeater.

That being said, you'll still need a second subscription at a reduced price and it's easier, and the audio quality is better, if you just get something like the Grace Solo and subscribe to their internet stream. Then there's no concern with getting the sat signal to your receiver and it just works. Also, if either one of you have a smart phone (I know there's an app for the iPhone, I'd bet there is one for Android) then you can use that same subscription there.

One final way would be to get a subscription on your phone and then get a bluetooth audio receiver for your stereo (Logitech makes on - look on Amazon). Then you just stream to your phone and dump the audio out to the receiver which connects to your stereo.

The most integrated with your receiver is the outboard tuner + figuring out the sat-signal bit, of course.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts