AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rented it last night and loved it, enough to purchase. Went to IMDB after but the critics didn't get it. Said things like "an average film noir with a too predictable ending."

This was not a serious film noir, it was parody of one/black comedy, I think. The comedic bits (several of which are priceless) were far too broad to simply be comic relief to a serious noir.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Absolutely horrible! My wife and I turned it off after suffering through the first hour. The movie was described as a comedy film noir on our cable system, and to be fair, they may have just gotten it wrong. We weren't expecting "The Jerk", but there was nothing funny in the first hour at all. Very dark, no likeable characters at all. It was like watching Jerry Springer in that you keep wondering what kind of inbred society breeds these idiots that make one bad decision after another!

Avoid this at all costs unless you thought "Very Bad Things" should've won Best Picture.

-Jerry

·
Registered
336 Posts
I like Steve Martin, but I do not enjoy all his movie.. as a matter of fact for me some of its movie was crap.. (i.e Bowfinger). Novocain certainly not my favorite Steve Martin movie.. I miss his act in My Blue Heaven and Dirty Rotten.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.