AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Now an EA dev is saying the XB360 is more powerful, PS3 unlikely to win over XB360.

2K views 20 replies 21 participants last post by  Kysersose 
#1 ·
EA Developer: Xbox 360 will triumph over PS3 due to performance and support

An EA developer has called in to let us know that he believes the Xbox 360 will triumph over the PS3 due to its better performance and more rounded support. These claims come on the revelation that development of Army of Two on the Xbox 360 manages to yield a maximum of 60fps while the PS3 version struggles to reach 30fps currently. Army of Two is expected to hit retail shelves during November.

Article: http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=16757

#2 ·
soo...that article is about as credible as the national enquirer and you just ended up on my ignore list

#4 ·
When the 360 gets a AAA game that runs with absolutely no frame rate issues, I'll believe it.

Last case in point, the Black Site: Area 51 demo...quite shiny and spanky, but chugs as soon as more than 6 fully animated characters show up on screen.

If the trend is to continue, the 360 will remain the best platform for slow-paced, small-squad games.

#5 ·
Man, a thread with this title is a fanboy magnet...Personally, I feel that the Playstation 3 is a superior product (except currently in the online division and in the games library....but I feel that will change soon), but I still think the 360 overall is a good system, and definately an infinite improvement over the original xbox.

#6 ·
I dont know why people post this crap in either the PS3 or 360 boards.....each system is gong to survive, much like Democrats and Republicans..it'll be 55/45 in one favor or the other...oh...and everyone will have WII

#9 ·
In before the lock!!

The PS3 is still in it's infancy,as developers figure out how to maximize it's abilities you will see better games.It's been like this since the beginning of video games.The 360 has been out longer,so obviously developers are accustomed to the hardware.

Now,thread lock in 5...4..3...2..1....

#11 ·
Instead of continuing to respond why not let this thread die on its own.

#12 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by methos75 /forum/post/0

EA Developer: Xbox 360 will triumph over PS3 due to performance and support

An EA developer has called in to let us know that he believes the Xbox 360 will triumph over the PS3 due to its better performance and more rounded support. These claims come on the revelation that development of Army of Two on the Xbox 360 manages to yield a maximum of 60fps while the PS3 version struggles to reach 30fps currently. Army of Two is expected to hit retail shelves during November.

Article: http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=16757

all this means is that EA are not skilled enough developers to get both versions running the same. i'm not putting it all on EA though, because i know the ps3 is harder to developer for, mainly because its architecture is new and must be learned. but to say the ps3 has worse performance is just wrong, and to say the 360 will "triumph" the PS3 because of this is also stupid.

my respect for EA Games is getting lower and lower. but i wouldn't be surprised if that was somehow taken out of context or just worded wrong. the link provided didn't exactly quote what EA said. regardless, i couldnt care less what "an EA developer" said.

#13 ·
Who cares? I own both and play games for each system...well, when they actually release some more games for the PS3. But this is all just more of the same old same old here on the ol AVS.

#17 ·
Headline News:

"An EA Developer has confirmed that the PSOne is more powerful than either Xbox360 or PS3. The test was conducted by having the PSOne fold 1000000 WU in less than 24 hours! Amazing stuff!"

#18 ·
Why are you people crapping on the thread and the poster without addressing the content of the link like it doesn't exist?

I do think the article is one developers oppinion and should probably be taken as just that. His oppinion. Though his oppinion combined with the port of F.E.A.R does make me wonder more and more about the power of the PS3.

Perhaps he doesn't have what he needs development tool wise to make the PS3 live up to its potential.

#19 ·
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz oh im sorry are children arguing again? Just let it go, both systems will survive. I agree with headrusch.

#20 ·
I was going to ignore this thread. But since it's already at the top...
Quote:
Originally Posted by chap /forum/post/0

Why are you people crapping on the thread and the poster without addressing the content of the link like it doesn't exist?

I do think the article is one developers oppinion and should probably be taken as just that. His oppinion. Though his oppinion combined with the port of F.E.A.R does make me wonder more and more about the power of the PS3.

Perhaps he doesn't have what he needs development tool wise to make the PS3 live up to its potential.

People are crapping on it because it's most likely a bogus story designed to get some hits on their website. Do you really think some EA developer thought to himself: "Wow, I just realized the PS3 sucks. I'd better call up maxconsole.com and let them know!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.