AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First "Wolf Lake" and now this! What the hell is wrong with these people? Another good show bites the dust (although this time it's the producers, not CBS who cancelled it). I've never heard of the producers actually asking a network to cancel their show! Does this make any sense?

See the story here .

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
:mad: :mad:

·
Registered
733 Posts
I wonder what will replace these canceled shows ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
That's really too bad! My wife and I had made Citizen Baines a part of our Sunday night and were really enjoying the show. It seemed odd, however, that the name-sake of the show was sort of side-lined plot-wise and everyone else in the show was moving ahead with their careers. It would have been fun to see the father and daughter politicians butting heads at some point. Oh well, more sitcom garbage that I won't watch can fill its place.

JL

British Columbia

·
Registered
241 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Dave Porter
I wonder what will replace these canceled shows ?
More re-runs of "Everybody Loves Raymond" :p

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
when i saw the previews for the girl who suddenly wanted to run for congress i knew this show was worthless. once again, a victory for the intelligent community.

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Really? Another show you're trashing without having actually seen it, huh? Since the "intelligent" community you claim to represent is able to judge shows based on 30 second previews, maybe we should stop actually watching the shows! Hell, just watch the previews, that should tell you everything you need to know! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Citizen Baines was actually one of the most promising HD shows this year, but it was poorly placed. It was preceded by Touched by an Angel, and followed by The District, both of which are aimed at the christian family values audience, and have very simple formulaic plots. Baines was a bit more intelligent, and not preachy. One character was even polyamorist, and not denounced for it. I very much doubt that many fans of Touched or District watched the show.

I'll miss seeing the scenes shot on location in Seattle.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I never watched this show, nor do I watch The District, or Judging Amy or Touched by An Angel. I don't particularly care for their subject matter or stars. Do I consider them drivel and unfit to watch? Nope, I just don't watch 'em. I am happy that they exist because many of the shows that I do like may not be liked by those that watch the ones I don't. I kind of liked Jill Hennessy and I still do. I like shows about cops and procedure and I still do. I find Crossing Jordan almost unwatchable. Just my taste.

When Crossing Jordan is canceled, as it inevitably will be. I won't consider it a victory of my taste over others, or of my questionable intellectual superiority over others, but merely the failure of a TV show to reach a sizeable enough market to justify its existence. Those that like the show (And I assume there are some) will mourn its passage. I probably won't insult their taste or intelligence. First of all, because it is not good manners, second of all, I may be wrong. Some critics assailed Citizen Kane, people walked out on The Rites of Spring, and the Wizard of Oz didn't really find its audience until it was on TV every year. The Prisoner lasted barely a season and I'm not even going to bring up the whole Star Trek phenomenon.

In short, cancellations happen for many reasons, the triumph of intelligence is seldom one of them.

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
I liked the show alot. Wierd how it was cancelled. Guess we can't blame cbs for this one though.

so is cbs having trouble in the ratings?

adebar,

it seems you are trolling a little or atleast baiting, so ok I'll take the bait.

tell us what the intelligent people watch.

ps, when I see adebar on a post, I consider it a preview of another.......well you know the rest. :p

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
Let's not make assumptions about people who watch THE DISTRICT. My parents like that show a lot and they are very white collar, intelligent, educated people.

I've never seen it, but if I can finally get my landlord to approve a DISH install, I will try it via CBS HD.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
There most likely dumping these shows to put on some more of these ignorant "Reality shows" for those with the IQ of a door knob!

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
I agree with Frank, I am tired of all these reality shows.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.