AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now have PIII 650mhz (I know, not all that fast) HTPC up and running. I never knew my $3K projector could display an image so crisp and clean. Unfortunately, I suspect I have just scratched the surface of its capabilities. I think I have the hardware aspect under control, but I need you help to make progress on the software/setting side of the equation. Given my chosen display device (VT-540), my question is as follows:

-Even with my stand-alone dvd player (RP-56), fast moving scenes are hard to watch (Pans, race cars, lots of action on screen, etc.). Wife even says it makes her dizzy. Based on some reading I've done here, I suspect that this could be improved with a change to my resolution / refresh rate. Currently, based on WinXP display settings, I'm running 1024X768 @ 60hz. I'm not using Powerstrip (because I would not know how).

The improvement that HTPC brought to my picture is beyond belief. If I can just create a "watchable" image now, I'll be ecstatic! Any advise along these lines would be very much appreciated

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.