AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It started several days ago when my 4040 stopped being able to download shared shows.

Now, tonight, all of a sudden I get no response from the unit when using my remote (no channel guide, no replay guide, no menu...nothing). I still get video and audio just fine but I can't call up the guide or change the channel!

I tried rebooting...twice. Same story. I tried the controls on the front of the unit...no response.

Of course Sonic Blue's Tech Support is closed now.

Anyone else have problems with these things?

This unit is a replacement for a failed 3030 (which SB had tried to replace with four other 3000 series units, all defective). Funny, my original 2001 unit is still running strong, no problems at all.

·
Registered
628 Posts
I have a seen a few odd behaviors out of my (unmodified) 4040s recently as well.

Item #1: Every AM I have the basement 4040 set to manually record CNBC from 6:30 to 7AM and CNN from 7AM to 7:35AM, which I usually start to watch ~7AM (on the treadmill). The other day I selected to start viewing the CNBC show (and noticed that it was recording the CNN show) at ~ 7AM. At ~ 7:25AM (still during the CNBC playback), the screen tuned to CNN, flashed live, then showed the record icon. I used Replay Guide to go back to viewing the CNBC show and when it was finished then tried to watch the CNN show. The CNN show only recorded from 7:25Am on. Everything before then appeared to be lost. This is the second time this same exact thing has occurred.

Item #2: This evening my wife was watching a show on the family room 4040 that was streaming off the basement 4040. All of a sudden, the video disappeared completely (but audio was still going). I checked cables and they seemed to be OK. Power on/off didn't fix the problem. I finally did a soft reboot which did reactivate the video.

Usually both machines work without any incident. Any ideas on what might be causing these quirks?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.