AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is now sitting around as a spare (well not really--it is a very expensive line doubler being used to let me play video games on my Sony 21" computer monitor in the office.)

So.

Sell it or find a direct view unit that would be compatible for the bedroom?

I currently am using a Sony W7000 for the bedroom and want to put that in the spare room and upgrade.

So, as I have enjoyed the rear projection LCD that I have, I have been considering the Samsung HLK506W for a number of reasons but clearly the Faroudja wouldn't work with it...

Before I replace the bedroom unit I thought I'd get some suggestions on other displays that would work with the Faroudja VP251 and think about direct view 16X9's.

Thanks in advance. Rick

------------------

The Proceeding Message Was Brought To You By Some Yutz Who Thinks He Knows Something. Ignore At Will.

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But those don't appear to allow outboard doublers do they?

Rick

------------------

The Proceeding Message Was Brought To You By Some Yutz Who Thinks He Knows Something. Ignore At Will.

·
Registered
871 Posts
As far as I know, only two meet your criteria.

The Sampo is well liked here at AVS, but has a number of compromises that are well documented on this forum.

As far as I know, I am the only AVS owner of the Panasonic DT-M3050W HD broadcast monitor.

I have posted a few times about it on this forum.

Nothing touches it at its $4300 list price. B-stock deals can be had as well.

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK. So the best price I can find on the net for that Panasonic unit is at: http://avstore.work.com/kore/catalog...duct_cmnt.html

You mentioned B-goods, and I can't seem to find any listings for those.

Did you have yours ISF calibrated and was that fairly efficient?

Thanks.

Rick

------------------

·
Registered
871 Posts
Contact retailers who sell the Panasonic monitor, and ask about obtaining b-stock.

All service adjustments are directly accessible right on the remote for your tweaking pleasure.

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you.

I'll take a gander at it at the very same retailer.

------------------

Rick Raymo,

Knucklehead Extraordinaire

·
Registered
204 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by tmitchmd:

As far as I know, I am the only AVS owner of the Panasonic DT-M3050W HD broadcast monitor.
Not any more!

DT-M3050W + 1050P = dvd bliss!

I had some trouble with "blinking" and a vertical band on the left hand side of the set on NTSC disks, (not PAL), but then changed the CLAMP setting from Pedastal to SYNC (thus clamping the sync instead of letting the monitor "hunt" for it) and those problems are gone now. What a gorgeous picture!

------------------

Christian Vye

-------------------------

e-mail is forever

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.