AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched through the threads and can't seem to find the right stand. My viewing height is going to be about 35". I'm looking for something wood-based or at least something different than the black or silver "modern" stands. Anyone got any suggestions?? Or at least a thread about stands that you can point me to?

·
Premium Member
308 Posts
It is a little bit taller than that but my wife and I just purchased a stand from IKEA in the LEKSVIK line. The salesman has told me I should see my 50LC13 this week (Maybe as early as today!) and when it arrives I will take a picture of both together and post it.

Cost of the Stand was $129. It is wood with glass windows on the doors that open up to the front.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by ithaca
I've searched through the threads and can't seem to find the right stand. My viewing height is going to be about 35". I'm looking for something wood-based or at least something different than the black or silver "modern" stands. Anyone got any suggestions?? Or at least a thread about stands that you can point me to?
What is your price point?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by manpig
What is your price point?
I would like to spend closer to $100. I would spend up to about $200 if I had to.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by ithaca
I would like to spend closer to $100. I would spend up to about $200 if I had to.
Sorry, that kills an idea I had for you. I am guessing that you can find a wood-type stand you like if you look around a bit. I doubt you will get real wood at that price but there are some composite wood dealios around. There have been alot of stands posted for this set and I think one of the members even built his own and it looked pdg.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Try the IKEA Oppli. $99 for birch finish and $79 for black lacquer finish. The dimensions are 59" x 19 5/8" x 15 3/4".

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
That IKEA looks like a viable option. Nice lookin tv on it too even tho it ain't a damn Panny.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok guys, need some more help. I decided that I wanted the IKEA OPPLI because it looked good and the price was right. Since I don't live near any IKEA stores, I decided to call and find out how much shipping would be. I live in Lansing, MI so I figured it wouldn't be a big deal to ship from an IKEA in IL or somewhere in the midwest. Shipping cost..... an additional $170!!!! So the total for the stand would be $270. Not gonna happen. Anyone have any suggestions as to how I could get this stand for closer to $100?

·
Registered
47 Posts
I found the perfect stand. It's from bush, but unfortunately it is not in the price range you were planning to spend. I think I paid $300 out the door for this stand. It's designed to accomodate 60" LCD/Plasma. With my panny on top of it, the stand has the same width as panny.

I'll post a picture of it when I get home.

·
Registered
661 Posts
I was going to post a warning before because I wasn't sure where you were writing from, but I never got to it. If you can't pick this stand up in person somehow, it really isn't worth it (there are much nicer stands that can be had for $270). If you are going to Chicago (or know somebody who is), you could swing by the Schaumburg store. Otherwise, you might want to look around.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm looking forward to your pic wreck. I've been looking for a stand for a week or so. I want something near to the width of the 50" Panny that's on it's way. The longets stand I can find from Bush is 47".

Could you post a link?

Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all try Tech Craft MT400 Sears have them for $500.00 but you can find a seller on ebay selling for $250 shipped $175.00 + 75

See my set up here for ref

·
Registered
845 Posts
Goto Target and pick up a coffee table for $60. Wish I have a camera to take a picture of it. It's a perfect fit.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Ein,

That's the sucker (Mission style) that I bought for my Panny. At 16 1/2 inches it is the perfect height for my viewing setup. Very solid construction but not much shelf space (can't have every thing!).

·
Registered
42 Posts
Lowes also has a nice mission style coffee table for $88. You can finish it to match existing furniture, but like the poster above mentioned, not much room for other equipment and you will probably have to get an equipment tower.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Here's my pic.. Unfortunately it's silver or modern looking, so you may not like it.

Sorry for the mess.. I just moved in....well... kind of. Can you believe the only and first thing I bought for my house was the TV. I've been sleeping on the floor for last couple of days.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by wreck
Here's my pic.. Unfortunately it's silver or modern looking, so you may not like it.

Sorry for the mess.. I just moved in....well... kind of. Can you believe the only and first thing I bought for my house was the TV. I've been sleeping on the floor for last couple of days.
Nice stand, I was looking at that stand for a while and almost got it, except that it would be a really tight squeeze in the corner of my room. I decided on to go with this stand instead. Klemsaba has the same stand except in a wood grain. I think it was $150 or so at Best Buy, I didn't install the swivel so that kept the height at about 19" which was just about perfect for me.

The plus is that my gamecube fits perfectly in the middle compartment.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Benchiu, I love your stand! Wood grain was the only choice BB had when I bought my stand. I didn't install my swivel either and I took off the feet to lower the stand some (it is sitting on a fireplace mantle so I needed to loose some height).

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.