AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK now this has me stumped, I have an ordinary UTV, no upgrade, I have only one tuner in use, and now I get only 1 to 2 seconds of video every 30 seconds or so. This is very unusual. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Are you getting a "searching for satellite signal" when the screen goes blank? If not that probably rules out a Dish/multiswitch/cabling issue. What happens if you tune to channel 1020? Will the blue screen stay visible, or do you lose that too? If that fades in and out too, you might try switching your outputs to one of the other options, RF/Coax, RCA jacks or S-Video. Your current connector may just be loose. Lastly(and most likely, unfortunately), it sounds like your Hard Drive might be dying. You may want to try slapping a new one in there and see if that fixes it. Good luck.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Another thing to try is to remove the access card. Power the unit down. Wait for the lights to finish flashing.

Switch the power back on. Once it asks to insert your access card, do so.

Working now?

If not try the above steps but unplug the unit after it finishes powering down. Leave for at least 10 seconds. Problem is, you will have to reacquire the Program Guide.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the great advice, "watching" tried your fix, and still no go. "LongRufus", I think your right, it appears to the hard drive going bad. I'm going to have to replace it, I have a second unit that I upgraded almost 2 years ago, now I have to see I can still upgrade this one.

Thanks again for help! I really enjoy these forums!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, after playing around with it, it doesn't do the studdering video anymore, but I'm going to sell the unit for parts on Ebay, if anyone is interested. Just search for UTV or UTV for parts. Thanks again for everyone's help!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.