AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week, I built a basic HTPC and this week I got my Fujitsu 50". (PDS5004) After spending a few days making a stand and mounting it, I sat down with it yesterday, loaded Powerstrip 3.29, and got ready for what I thought would be a futile, frustrating effort.

After maybe an hour, I had it working through DVI at 1368*768 at 60 Hz V / 48 Hz H. I don't know if it would have worked at the actual width of 1366, because it's not a multiple of 8 and my Radeon 9000 doesn't support that. So technically, it's not true native rate, but for all practical purposes, one pixel missing on each side doesn't make a difference.

At first, it was about 20 pixels off vertically and horizontally, but after moving the picture around, I framed it beautifully. It sometimes behaves strangely - every now and then, when I boot the PC, the picture will appear the right resolution, but the left and right parts will simply be black, making a 4:3 picture. Switching to a video input and back will solve this.

The picture is, of course, stunning. And it's definitely mapped pixel-by-pixel. So.... why have I succeeded where so many have failed? It can't be because of the two missing pixel columns, right? That's a non-issue. The supposed lack of NR support almost kept me from buying this superb display, and I don't want the same to happen to others.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
You know what would be helpful? If you could post what you did in the thread that was already started. In that way we get some context and continuity. Did you use the .inf file from Imagine Graphics for example?

·
Registered
33,553 Posts
zambaretzu,

I could think of a couple of people on this forum that would tell you that you haven't achieved native rate if you were off by 1/100 of a pixel! In my book you're native rate. I think there are many people that are not giddy over DVI because, like me, they either don't use HTPC or don't have devices that have DVI to output or both. Congrats anyway on your achievement, I know there are some who would love to hear how you did it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.