AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone hooked up a NRS 540p with a Pioneer Elite Pro720 HDTV to try an improve standard broadcasts from Direct TV. Hd and DVD look amazing. Regular broadcasts look terrible. I have tried contacting both Pioneer and Faroudja about compatibility, but get conflicting reports. Has anyone tried hooking up any video processors with the Elite rear projection sets. Any feedback would be most appreciated. I have a Yamaha RX-V1, Hughes E86 satellite receiver, Sony progressive Scan DVD and a Pronto Pro remote.

·
Registered
21,464 Posts
You can feed 540p into the 15 pin HD input on the 720 and the set will think it is a 1080i signal and display it. That is the only way you can feed 540p into that set.

·
AVS Forum Special Member
11,139 Posts
Welcome to the forums. There have been quite a few posts on various forums about trying to improve the quality of DBS, or other artifact-ridden sources. Consensus seems to be it doesn't work. It's the garbage-in/garbage-out cliche. A Faroudja would be a very costly attempt at cleaning up what's considered to be excessive digital compression of video sources. Haven't encountered this overcompression on my cable system too often until recently. Now Time Warner appears to be squeezing in ever more digital channels while retaining some 100 analog channels that hog most of our ~750 MHz cable bandwidth. -- John

·
Registered
605 Posts
Greetings,

I may know where you can get a Faroudja NRS for cheap. I am NOT a dealer; however, in my travels I meet people that have equipment for sale and I believe I know of a few NRS scalars that can be had. If interested please email me at [email protected]

Thank you and good luck,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.