Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I'm looking for an LCD screen between 26" and 32", but I need the best quality NTSC possible. So far I have been very unimpressed with thestandard NTSC on LCDs. Has anyone else researched this? Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Steve

·
Registered
318 Posts
The quality of my Philips 32PF7320A is pretty good. Better than my Standard TV Sony.

This highly depends on the signal however, Digital TV is better than Analog TV.

With Analog tv you get "snow" and it will look worse b/c a LCD will be displaying a high resolution which magnifies your signals defects. Keep that in mind when shopping.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Check out the new Sony V-Series. They have WEGA Engine and will make poor quality sources look as good as possible.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This will mainly be displaying video from a satelite feed. Distance between the box and LCD is around 100'. I have a 45" Aquos that looks pretty bad for NTSC. If you are 10' away it is fine, but 5' or 6' is annoying.

Thanks,

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesxtreme
The quality of my Philips 32PF7320A is pretty good. Better than my Standard TV Sony.

This highly depends on the signal however, Digital TV is better than Analog TV.

With Analog tv you get "snow" and it will look worse b/c a LCD will be displaying a high resolution which magnifies your signals defects. Keep that in mind when shopping.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are you refering to the: KLV-S32A10

I will have to see if I can find one locally.

Thanks,

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyris
Check out the new Sony V-Series. They have WEGA Engine and will make poor quality sources look as good as possible.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.