AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my HiPix card, and successfully installed the card and the (wonderful) beta version of the software posted here. The broadcast HDTV signals are really impressive.

I can't seem to get the regular (NTSC) signal to work though, and wonder if there's a compatibility or configuration issue I'm missing. I've got a "raw" digital cable signal (i.e. before it goes into the descrambler box), which I plug into Input 2 of the HiPix card. I've configured Input 2 to be cable, and have tried each of the 3 cable options (STD, HRC, IRC -- though I'm not sure what any of these is!).

In each configuration, I only get snow and no audio signal at all.

Anybody seen this?

--dave roberts

·
Banned
3,772 Posts
This may be a dumb question - but do you know if

your cable actually sends any analog NTSC channels?

The HiPix tuner doesn't receive encoded "digital cable"

signals, only the old style analog OTA style signals.

Many cable systems still send a bunch of analog

channels and some in new digital, but maybe yours

is all digital?

If you hook your cable feed to a TV (with no cable

box) can you see some channels on the TV?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thought of that.....the same feed works with my (prehistoric) VCR, so I don't think it should require anything fancy to decode.

·
Registered
9,884 Posts
If your US VCR picks it up then it should be one of those 3 usual formats. Did you click on NTSC and do a channel scan for each?

- Tom

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just chased that path a little while, and it seems that no matter how I have the software set, HiPix is treating Input 2 as antenna. Channel scan picks up a couple of over-the-air channels (with or without a cable connected, and regardless of cable/antenna or cable type settings). And it picks them up in their OTA slots, not in their cable slots.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think I figured out part of the problem with this. It seems that changing the settings for the Cable type don't take effect until you quit and restart the app. Now I've managed to get the video signal, but don't get any audio (audio works fine on ATSC). Has anyone seen this before? I'm using SPDIF directly from the HiPix card into my AV processor.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.