AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've enjoyed reading the discussions on this forum but no one has really mentioned the biggest issue to me about the local networks vs cable issue. Under the current structure, cable or satellite will allow you to access the cable stations in high definition but not the local stations. An OTA receiver will allow you to access the local stations but not the cable stations. Correct me if I'm wrong but as far as I know there is no way to receive both of these services and only use one component video input unless you have a DVI connection. My TV has two component video inputs and I bought a receiver that also has two component video inputs effectively giving me three total. I bought this on the assumption that I could hook up my DVD player, my XBox, and my high definition cable to those three inputs. Now I'm faced with the prospect that I may need four inputs. Time Warner and the networks need to stop their petty squabbling and reach an agreement so that viewers like myself can enjoy all programming in HDTV. I just don't see WRGB winning this battle. If TW were to agree to compensate them for carrying their signal then ABC, Fox, PBS, and NBC are all going to demand compensation as well. What starts as an argument about a nominal fee becomes a little more significant when multiplied by 5.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.