AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed on Universal's site and also looking at the cover artwork that the version of The Klumps being released is the PG-13 cut. There is also an unrated cut that was released on DVD, so is this not double dip fodder? Not to mention that the original Nutty Professor HDDVD is on a featureless HD15 disc... Just seems like Universal left a lot of room to release special editions of these down the road.

Can anyone confirm that The Klumps is, in fact, the PG13 cut and not the unrated cut? Thanks.

·
Registered
7,935 Posts

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by private Angus /forum/post/0

...has anybody seen both cuts ?? what's the difference ???

Quite a few of the gags are raunchier and go on for a longer period of time. The Uncut version is a bit funnier.

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grubert /forum/post/0

It is indeed PG-13: http://homevideo.universalstudios.co...?childId=36907

I saw that also Grubert as referenced in the original post, however HIDEFDIGEST's information lists the HD DVD as Unrated. While Universal is likely a more accurate source and the cover art looks to be that of the PG13 version, I was wondering if anyone had gotten an advance copy and could confirm for sure the cut on th disc.

·
Banned
558 Posts
I thought that the only difference was that some media/celebrity persons name was mentioned, and they thought that to play it on the safe side they would nix it for the original theatrical release. I was under the impression that this was the only change - but please correct me if Im wrong.

·
Registered
616 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by private Angus

...has anybody seen both cuts ?? what's the difference ???

I've seen both cuts... Trust me, you do not want the extended cut of The Klumps in it's current form.

Basically Universal just slugged in the work print versions of the extended scenes, and they looked horrible. If Universal is going to releases the extended cut, they have to actually process the extended scenes properly.

fitprod

1 - 8 of 8 Posts