AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Salutations. I ran speaker and cat6 cables as my home was being constructed. Ready for 6 zones and 6 keypads. 14 speakers went in after the painters finished up (4 in the family room). 4 months later I'm ready to hook it up. So far I have one zone up and running the kitchen.

I assume I need an rs232 cable to update the GC? Looks like the Vera 3 has one. Can I use that but it looks like it has a phone jack at the other end not a rj45.

The Vera3 and the Iport IW-22 are not hooked up yet. The Airport is currently plugged into source 1, but I would like to get the metadata to the keypads mostly plan on using Pandora. Any suggestions on how to do this without purchasing any of the music ports or other Nuvo units?

Also I only ran one cat6 to the keypads do I need 2 for the nv-18gcp? The second rj45 plug on the pads are labeled nuvo net.

I also ran 2 cat6 cables to 2 locations for in wall docks I was thinking.

Planning on running the tv as a source also.

We'll heading home to put the kids to bed and crimping more rj45 cables.

Thanks in advance for any tips or solutions.

Rob

·
Registered
10,866 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by captrobtorres  /t/1521442/nuvo-gc-apple-airport-express-vera-3-iport-iw-22-install#post_24451660

I assume I need an rs232 cable to update the GC?

Yes, to update the fimware or otherwise use the configuration software running on your PC/laptop.
Quote:
The Airport is currently plugged into source 1, but I would like to get the metadata to the keypads mostly plan on using Pandora. Any suggestions on how to do this without purchasing any of the music ports or other Nuvo units?

Nope. If you want metadata on the keypads, you have to buy into the system, which means MusicPort Server. I hope you didn't buy the system expecting to "figure out" metadata support after the fact...
Quote:
Also I only ran one cat6 to the keypads do I need 2 for the nv-18gcp? The second rj45 plug on the pads are labeled nuvo net.

You just need one, but it must be plugged into the NuVoNet jack. The other jack is for the Local Source Interrupt accessory only.

Jeff

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a bunch Jeff. No i wasn't planning on figuring it out after the fact. I thought i read somewhere a few months ago that it might be possible through the home automation link. I have sound in 4 out of 6 zones now. Although i only have one keypad installed so far. If anyone has controlled the GC with the Vera3 and has any insight or tips i would be forever grateful.

Thanks

Rob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts