AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got the GC up and running well and I think the sound is really flat. Any advice on getting it to sound better? Does the eq really help or the extra (p2100) amp? Just sounds really 'canned'. It is in a large room ( 4 speakers in1200 sq. ft.)with 12' ceilings; is that part of the problem?

·
Registered
6,102 Posts
Try to adjust the equalizer settings, couldn't hurt.

What speakers?

·
Registered
10,873 Posts
What speakers are you using? I'm not impressed with the sound quality of the 8" NuVo AP2 speakers I have - especially compared to some Boston Acoustics in-ceiling pairs. Both hooked to the GC, the Boston zone sounds much more "live". Room acoustics may be part of it, but listening close to the speaker, they put out a very different profile...

Jeff

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Using Dayton Audio 6 1/2" two-way enclosed in-ceiling speakers (fiberglass/plastic enclosure, ported). They sound a little better in my master bath, so room size might have something to do with it. Both rooms are acoustically pretty harsh with stone floors and lots of windows.

Edit: Turned off the default loudness compensation (bass and treble boost at low listening levels) and system sounds much better.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts