AVS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NuVo Grand Concerto System.

Several months ago the Music Port stopped working so I just used the Ipod (NV-RIPS) and the NuVo Tuner (NV-T2FXG) in the meantime. I later diagnosed problem, the IP address had changed so I went into the software and changed the IP address to match and got it up and running again. My problem now is I have no sound in any of the 4 Music Port sources, whether it be radio stations or music from the hard drive. The timer is counting (on the keypad) up so that tells me it's not on "Mute" mode and when I switch back to the Ipod or Tuner source I get instant audio again. The problem is consistent for other zones. .

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
10,873 Posts
Reactions: My Dream

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply jautor.

No I did not as I hoped it was a simply solution, one that I could accomplish with the help of this forum. In other words, I hoped it was something I may have overlooked.

·
Registered
10,873 Posts
No I did not as I hoped it was a simply solution, one that I could accomplish with the help of this forum. In other words, I hoped it was something I may have overlooked.
It sounds like a software (Windows) problem, perhaps with the audio output driver or part of the stack. I assume you've rebooted the MPS4?

If there's a simple fix, tech support would be the ones to know it - there's just not enough of us as a sample size on these units to generate the crowd knowledge...

·
Registered
6,095 Posts
Definitely call Nuvo TS.

They will likely email you an .exe file that you put on a USB drive which you plug into the MPS4. Reboot, done.

But, that didn't work for mine, 4 years ago. I had a similar issue, trying to set a static IP. I had to RMA it. If you have to send it in, should be an easy fix for them. It's basically a PC software issue, I bet.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the reply Jautor and Neurorad, I always appreciate your replies.

I sent an email to NuVo this morning (see below) and will wait for a reply. I did reset the Music Port (via the button on the left when you open the flap). with no difference.

By the way, I live in the Toronto Canada area sending it to NuVo (US) maybe an issue.

'[email protected]'

Hello NuVo Tech Support.

I have the following components connected to a NuVo Grand Concerto (see below) and am having problems with no audio coming from the Music Port. Events that lead to this problem are as follows.

About a month ago I lost options on all Sources (3-6) on the Music Port, in other words, Music port was not being recognized on the keypads, so I used Source 1 (ipod dock) and source 2 (T2 Tuner). When I had the time to diagnose I found that the IP address on the Music Port had changed so I reprogramed the correct IP address in the Music Port Client. This solved the problem except I no longer have audio in any Music Port sources regardless of the volume level. When I switch to Source 1 or 2 I have audio. I checked to ensure the mute function was not active in the Music Port sources, the timer was counting up so this verified mute was not on. I also turned the mute, on/off in the Music Port Client (pc) as well as on the keypads and hear no change.

Any help in diagnosing this problem would be very helpful as I miss listening to the Music Port.

NuVo Grand Concerto.

Source 1 - Remote iPod dock NV-RIPS
Source 2 - Tuner - NV-T2FXG (Am/Fm only no XM connected)
Source 3 - Music Port NV-MPSE
Source 4 - Music Port NV-MPSE
Source 5 - Music Port NV-MPSE
Source 6 - Music Port NV-MPSE

Thank you.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update:

I did not get a reply from NuVo so I made another attempt to diagnose. As for NuVo I sent an email to tech support last year and got a quick reply but I believe it was a different email address which I can't locate and I no longer have a copy of the email. It was to ask for a Power on/off button for the music port and they were very helpful.

Diagnostic attempt (music port is source 3,4,5,6);

I went into Music Port Client (cable connected to Music Port) and checked to make sure everything was as should be including the ip address (it was all ok) and while toggling back and forth approximately 100 times, I got source 5 to start audio. I confirmed by going to a keypad, turning the system on/off and indeed it works as intended. The only other progress is I notice when I switch between source 6 and source 4 in Music Port Client, I get audio for between 1/2 to 1 second then it turns off. I can only assume it's a software problem related to the Music Port Client.

If anyone has a different email address then the one I used for NuVo Tech Support, please post and will resend my email. I prefer email as I'm not tech savvy and it gives me time to follow through on any diagnostic suggestions.

Neurorad

Did you ever get your Music Port issue resolved?

·
Registered
10,873 Posts
From their new Legrand web site:

Customer Service (United States)
Tel: (800) 223-4162, Option #2

Hours: 8am-7pm ET (M-F)

Email: [email protected]

Address:
50 Boyd Avenue
Syracuse, NY 13221

Our toll-free support line is available from 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. EST, Monday through Friday (excluding holidays). If a call is received outside these hours, it will be routed to a voice mailbox and the call will be returned on the next business day.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Update;

I received a reply from Tech Support (based on jautor's email suggestion) with 2 diagnostics, I tried both and got two sources working but am still having problems.

I did notice that when attempting to download the Music Port Sync application for windows, my virus protection popped up and recommended I delete the program. This happened on several attempts, so I'm wondering if my firewall is set too high therefore I should allow the program to download as I'll need it to download songs.

I've send NuVo Tech and update on my progress and will await there further instructions.

Thanks again jautor. .

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Update;

The NuVo Tech has suggested to troubleshoot over the phone at which point he can remote directly into the MPS4 for more troubleshooting.

My question is what do I need to set up in order to allow them remote access? I have the ethernet cable hooked up from the rear of the MP Sto my router in order to get internet radio, I'll assume that's all they need, but will they need a password. I'm not tech savvy so I want to be prepared. My intermet provider did the WiFi internet install.

If asked do I tell them it's a diy install?

·
Registered
10,873 Posts
My question is what do I need to set up in order to allow them remote access? I have the ethernet cable hooked up from the rear of the MP Sto my router in order to get internet radio, I'll assume that's all they need, but will they need a password. I'm not tech savvy so I want to be prepared. My intermet provider did the WiFi internet install.
You shouldn't have to do anything - they will likely ask you to go to a diags web page and click on a remote support button to initiate the session... So you should make sure you have a PC / laptop nearby to "drive"...

If asked do I tell them it's a diy install?
Sure, that's not a problem.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Update:

Spoke to the tech and he also go into the pc. In the end he recommended that I call the closest repair shop and mention that I spoke to NuVo Tech Support and source 4 and 5 on both the Grand Concerto and Music Port needs repair. As for cost, NuVo Tech said they would determine that once they found the problem.

I find it difficult to believe that there is a problem with both the GC and Music Port. .

I'll have to decide what to do from here.

Thanks for your help jautor.........Neurorad.

·
Registered
10,873 Posts
In the end he recommended that I call the closest repair shop and mention that I spoke to NuVo Tech Support and source 4 and 5 on both the Grand Concerto and Music Port needs repair.
Move your sources around on the GC and see if the problem follows the source inputs or not. I suspect not and that the problem is in the MPS4...

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
jautor,

NuVo Tech suggested doing this and it remained the same, this is when he stated it was a problem with both the GC and MP.

What I find odd is when I first started this thread I had no audio from A,B,C,D in MP. During several troubleshooting attempts with software only I got C to receive audio. More troubleshooting/diagnostics and firmware updates, I got A,C audio. In the end I have audio to A,D. This all happened during software troubleshooting, not hardware. I also find it odd that I receive audio for a split second during switchover to C now.

The location NuVo Tech support gave me to call for hardware repair is the same location that I send my first email request for tech support and to date I received no reply. I believe cost to ship both units is around $100.00 each way and the cost to repair won't be known till they diagnose the problem.

When I have time I'm going to try to switch the rca jacks from the T2 Tuner to one of the ports on the GC that doesn't work for the MP and see if I get audio. If memory serves me right I also have to change it over on the GC software side?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts