AVS Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rebuilt a system using an AMD Phenom II X4 955, on an MSI AMD board with 4GB RAM and a PC Power an Cooling 750watt power supply.


On my old board which was an 780 SLI board with an intel Q6600 the card rated a 5.9.


I've already reinstalled drivers for the card but still I get a 1.0 rating. Aero seems to run fine but I have not tried any games on the new build yet.


Thoughts, suggestions?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by getme /forum/post/16907322


I rebuilt a system using an AMD Phenom II X4 955, on an MSI AMD board with 4GB RAM and a PC Power an Cooling 750watt power supply.


On my old board which was an 780 SLI board with an intel Q6600 the card rated a 5.9.


I've already reinstalled drivers for the card but still I get a 1.0 rating. Aero seems to run fine but I have not tried any games on the new build yet.


Thoughts, suggestions?

Try a game?!


I dont put too much faith in the very synthetic MS benchmark.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I know, I should try a game
but it just seems this may be a symptom of a larger issue. Has anyone had this happen before?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks I'll give those a try when I get home from work. I'll post back the results. I've tried refreshing the score after uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers (including the latest from Nvidia), but to no avail. the last option on the link you provided intrigues me though.

Method 4: After you change the computer's hardware configuration

To resolve this issue after you change the computer's hardware configuration, follow these steps:

Click StartCollapse this imageExpand this image, type the following path in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER:

%SYSTEMROOT%\\Performance\\WinSat\\DataStore

Delete all the .xml files in the folder.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
weird solution, right click on card in device manager select update driver, then refresh performance index score and boom it reads 5.9 now.


This works even if update driver fails (as in my case). Weird.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRT Dude /forum/post/16909689


Now go run 3DMark so you can complain about that. And we can't forget the most important task of all, how long it takes to calculate pi.

Who pissed in your cornflakes?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,039 Posts
I would say ignore that particualar benchmark if all is running well. Go download Capcom's Street Fighter IV benchmark or even better, their Resident Evil 5 benchmark for a good idea of realtime system performance in games.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks dave will do.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFi /forum/post/16910392


I would say ignore that particualar benchmark if all is running well. Go download Capcom's Street Fighter IV benchmark or even better, their Resident Evil 5 benchmark for a good idea of realtime system performance in games.

That benchmark is brutal on my system but god does it look beautiful with all details, motion blur, HDR, etc. cranked up all the way.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,039 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcorona76 /forum/post/16915061


That benchmark is brutal on my system but god does it look beautiful with all details, motion blur, HDR, etc. cranked up all the way.

That's the idea, isn't it? I still score a B on my Q9550/GTX295 setup with everything cranked all the way up, while others are scoring A on lesser setups, which leads me to believe it is a bit inconsistent, but it does look quite nice and seems quite playable. I don't think I'll be buying the game because I absolutely hated the PS3 demo.


BTW, there is a result higher than "A" on the RE5 benchmark, it is "S"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFi /forum/post/16915201


I still score a B on my Q9550/GTX295 setup with everything cranked all the way up, while others are scoring A on lesser setups, which leads me to believe it is a bit inconsistent, but it does look quite nice and seems quite playable.

Have you verified that the benchmark is using both of your 295's GPUs? Another thing to consider is that the variable benchmark is obviously dependent on what happens during each run, and can thus give quite different results even on the same system.


In my experience using v-sync and capping the frame-rate to 60fps, you must maintain at least a 60.0fps average to get an "A" rating in the variable benchmark. Even a result of 59.9fps will provide a "B" rating.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well I haven't been able to run any benchmarks yet. We got evacuated from our house last night do to a chemical warehouse fire. Just got back there this morning in time to take a shower and get to work.


Work today is going to be...interesting.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah the one in bryan TX we were about 3 miles from the place so we evacuated needless to to say.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top