AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am interested in experimenting with the Nvidia 3D Vision kit and a projector and would like to know if people have hands on experiences - good or bad.

I have the Nvidia kit already and have played with CRT displays and my G90 projector - but the results are not satisfactory. There are subtle timing differences between all the displays I have tried and and the phosphor decay at 100Hz and above produce more ghosting than I would like.

I'm thinking of trying the Optima HD66 since it is inexpensive - but it is not currently supported directly by the 3D Vision and I've only heard second hand about people using it with the generic CRT option and a VGA cable.

Have people on the forum used the 3D Vision kit with digital projectors and have any input?

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I may be mistaken but I think even the Nvidia kit requires a 60hz dual stream compatible projector in order for the shutter glasses to work - you have to have the dual images on the screen for the glasses to work to display them properly.

Not being a gamer I'm waiting for a bit more 3D content to become available before I buy into the shutter glass system - I'll probably buy the kit from XpanD and avoid the need for the PC.

Interesting topic - 3D.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Projector Central has an article up on the use of the Nvidia 3D system here .

There are comments on the HD66 thread on the Nvidia support forums that one needs to wear the glasses upside down with the HD66 due to the inability to adjust sync with the current Nvidia driver set. There is a thread here on the HD66 (a few posts up) that I really have not kept up with - might be some more detail on the HD66 there.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies! The Nvidia Kit does not use multiple connections. It relies on the display doing 100Hz or better on DVI/HDMI and their emitter connects via USB.

Interesting read on the BenQ - but its also odd that it is not listed in the currently supported list of projectors:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/geforce...7_CD_1.20.html

Acer X1130P

Acer X1261

Acer H5360

DepthQ® HD 3D Projector by LightSpeed Design, Inc.

DQ-3120 by LightSpeed Design, Inc.

ViewSonic PJD-6210-3D

ViewSonic PJD-6220-3D

ViewSonic PJD-PJD5351-3D

ViewSonic PJD-PJD5111-3D

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did get an Acer H5360 and so far it works very well. I need to work out a mounting solution since there is no lens shift there is just one area it needs to be in to fill the screen and it's not the most convenient location...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Has anyone tried this with the toshiba 670u led. It has a gaming mode that makes it just a true 120hz instead of the 240hz using backlighting. It is also just a LCD with LED backlight technology. If anyone has tried this or knows the answer let me know.

Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.